Author Topic: Gorge Downwind Champs SUP Division still open!  (Read 1572 times)

Kim Rueter

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Gorge Downwind Champs SUP Division still open!
« on: May 11, 2018, 02:08:25 PM »
Spots still available for the SUP division (limit 100) at the Gorge Downwind Champs July 16-21. With 100 SUPs and 500+ surfskis and OCs on the river, it's a true spectacle to behold. Not to mention a pretty epic distance to cover -- 13.5 miles of smiles!
https://www.gorgedownwindchamps.com/

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Gorge Downwind Champs SUP Division still open!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 08:57:41 PM »
I'm in kid. All registered. The SUP division filled by the end of day one last year, but this year no one knew it was going to happen. I'll help get the word out. It's a great event--a full week of shuttled downwinders, beer gardens, dinners and other stuff for just a paltry entry fee--as many as you can stand. Last year I did eleven downwinders before the face--for free. It's a smorgasbord of downwinding! Or is that a Borgasmord.

I thought I was going to have to call in favors to get into the race this year--they always hold a few entries open for Hawaiians and locals. The confusion over whether or not it was going to happen probably led to some spots still being open. Last year the 100 entries were filled within a few hours of registration being opened, but this year it wasn't clear that they were going to have a SUP division. Gorge Performance stepped up and made it happen. This is a HUGE event and a great race. They do a week of shuttles before the race--all free. Go as many times as you like. Last year I did eleven freebie DW runs. They also have beer gardens and stuff happening all week. I think OC1 and surfski are already full with 500+ entries. But you can still enter on a SUP. Fun race. These guys don't screw around, this is a great event:

Schedule of Events (all included with your entry)
Mon - Downwind Shuttles / Beer Garden
Tue - Downwind Shuttles / Beer Garden
Wed - Downwind Shuttles / Demo Day / Hero's Dinner
Thu - Downwind Shuttles / Beer Garden (potential Race Day / Awards dinner)
Fri - Downwind Shuttles / Beer Garden (potential Race Day / Awards dinner)
Sat - Downwind Shuttles / Beer Garden (potential Race Day / Awards dinner)
3 day wind window for World Cup Solo Race - Thr , Fri or Sat.​
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:12:46 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal