Author Topic: Clean evening sessions at Doheny  (Read 2290 times)

Josh

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Clean evening sessions at Doheny
« on: May 09, 2018, 10:54:26 AM »
The past two evenings have been amazingly clean, zero wind, and a small south swell to make it fun on my 12’6” Bark. What made it even better was that my son wanted to go catch some waves with me. I threw his wetsuit and life vest on him and off we went. Monday evening we caught waves for about an hour at boneyards. He prefers laying down on the board for now but I’m sure he will be standing up with me soon. Luckily the lifeguards didn’t see me or they didn’t care to come over and hassle me. The few surfers out didn’t seem to mind either. He was so stoked that we went out again yesterday evening. When we got down to the water the park rangers and lifeguards were down by boneyards so I opted to sup surf the hammer with him. We had an awesome session again with clean knee to occasional waist high waves coming through. Saw a couple buddies prone surfing and did a party wave with them, my son was so stoked he could stop laughing. I dig this age but also can’t wait to teach him how to surf, sup surf, and paddle. Hopefully the attached video works (first time using YouTube).

https://youtu.be/Pgf9_DU0bK8

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Clean evening sessions at Doheny
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 11:14:47 AM »
so cool! 

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 01:31:42 PM »
So nice!
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

SUPJorge

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 01:55:29 PM »
Super!
14' SIC Bullet V2 - 9'1" Naish Hokua X32 LE

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 04:30:15 PM »
Looking good!  8) BTW, I'm glad to see any sup board of 11' and over in length sup surfing.

Thanks for sharing your video.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 05:15:22 PM »
That's so cool. nice clean ride and and clean paddle back out. that feels great when it comes together like that. "Charley" looks about three yrs old? That's super young, I didn't have my kid out until he was about 8. Amazing to share the ocean w/your child.
I can't remember how I got this picture but I can still remember that beautiful summer morning with my son on the boogie. no surfboards were not allowed during guarded hrs back then so we had to boogie it. I still remember getting such a beauty of a set wave w/him up front. We were so in there! Tossed a shot of him as a teen at our local break. He surfed quite well and I still remember that wave he caught. I was in awe it was such a sweet barrel.

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 05:28:24 PM »
Josh and Cook

Wow.....wonderful to share the stoke with your family! Very cool! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Cheers

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

Josh

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 07:39:17 PM »
Thanks surfcook! My little dude just turned 5. He has been paddling around the harbor with me since he was 1.5 years old so he is really comfortable on the board. I am super stoked that he is having fun riding waves with me. The pics of your son are awesome!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal