Author Topic: Blue planet fish and chips  (Read 1659 times)

Haggis

• Haggis
  • Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Blue planet fish and chips
« on: April 15, 2018, 11:17:35 PM »
Can anyone give me some advice on the fish and chips board. I am riding a 9'5 whopper atm and am looking to down size again to something abit smaller. Usually riding head height waves in the winter and am 95kg intermediate. I cant seem to find to much about the boards.
Thanks
Haggis
whopper 9 5
jl ww
jp widebody

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
Re: Blue planet fish and chips
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 08:27:19 AM »
I've owned several Blue Planet Boards and can comment on the general design and build quality, which are excellent.  I would always try for their carbon construction as it is just a nicer, lighter way to go.

As for the Fish N Chips, I'm not sure that's a current model. Maybe owner Robert will see your question and comment.  It was a more performance shape than the Whopper, but I'm guessing you know that because of your interest.       
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
Re: Blue planet fish and chips
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 02:46:59 PM »
Hi Haggis,
The Fish and Chips is a great model for smaller and less powerful waves.  The compact size is maneuverable while still being very stable.  We no longer have it in stock in Honolulu as we replaced the Chips series with the 2018 Ray series but you may be able to find a used one or at one of our dealers.

I recently got this emailed feedback from a customer that bought "Potato Chip" model (same shape as the Fish N Chips but smaller):

"Finally got to take the Potato Chip out. Rode it on some bumpy, shoulder high wind swell. What a fun board! - fast, loose and skatey! It’s a shame there was only one production year for this particular model. I gotta keep Jo away from it, otherwise she’ll “appropriate” this board too and I’ll have to hit you up for a custom.

Mahalo Again for the Stoke!"

Here is a video with more details on the Chip series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkdQfYP-TFU

Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal