Author Topic: Stand Up Paddle Boarding with Kids  (Read 3644 times)

Paddle Pal

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Stand Up Paddle Boarding with Kids
« on: April 04, 2018, 11:11:55 AM »
Not sure if there are parents out on this forum but there is new product that is starting to make waves in the FL market. Its a handlebar that attaches to a paddleboard that allows young children to stand and learn their balance while traveling on their parents board. Its called a Paddle Pal and can be see at www.thepaddlepal.com :)

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stand Up Paddle Boarding with Kids
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 01:21:40 PM »
Looks like a fun accessory for kids to cruise with mom and dad. Plus as they gain confidence they'll transition quicker to their own board. When ever you have two people on the same board, one firm stroke can start a chain reaction that leave both of you in the water. Both of my kids had their own little SUP's from a very early age.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

addapost

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 03:40:31 AM »
Ummmmmmm....?    WTH? Is this a late April Fool's joke? Sorry man but that is one of (oh there have been others) the dumbest things I've seen show up in SUP over the last 10 years. There is nothing worse than paddling a board that has nylon straps running under it. The board is essentially unpaddleable. Also, no one develops balance by holding onto a fixed support. You and the kid will both be MUCH better off if you just give the kid a paddle.
Bunch of old shit

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 10:55:29 AM »
What he said...not to mention that in the case of an unanticipated sudden stop (shit happens) you have a metal contraption between you, the kid, and the board. Far more likely to cause injury with that thing there. I hope you have good insurance. I've paddled with my granddaughter many times. Early on she simply leaned back against my legs if she wanted to stand...much easier paddling with her close than not....easier paddle clearance in transition. And they want to paddle when they aren't sticking their head underwater with a mask and snorkel.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal