Author Topic: Looks like they bypassed Beasho  (Read 1860 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Looks like they bypassed Beasho
« on: March 02, 2018, 09:22:46 AM »
https://newatlas.com/vintage-electric-jeff-cruz-signatute-bike/53624

Vintage Electric did a signature Jeff Clark bike with board carrier. Wonder where they got their inspiration. The probably didn't hit up Beasho because they build lame and expensive hubmotor bikes.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Looks like they bypassed Beasho
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 12:05:25 PM »
You know what they say: "Imitation is the purest form of flattery."

Jeff Clark was talking about this last year.  He was going to make and sell these bikes but I guess it got cut down to a fraction of the original production plan.

And YES Pono you can take credit for me stepping it up from the crappy hub motor. The downside is that I got a flat with my Fat Tire bike.  I come back from filming that 'Steep Takeoff Wave' session and BOOM flat back tire.  I was at the Mavericks beach access site and had to run with my bike 3.5 miles home.  This happens about 1X every 2 years.  Painful but I have to make sure I am in good running shape and chalk it up to a better workout.

If I am not going to profit from this Jeff might as well  8) 

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 12:21:42 PM by Beasho »

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 12:39:21 PM »
Here is Ruby on the original Blue Bomber: iZip Zuma  500 Watt geared hub motor, top speed 20 mph.  I put 6,000 miles on this beauty and then the odometer broke.

The Zuma serves as my backup for when the Fat-Tire model goes down. 

Next thing is for Jeff to double up on the rack.  2 boards, a foil, 2 paddles for when you bring friends and you don't have enough electric bikes with surf racks.

PS: I wonder if he was following me.  The video highlights my bicycle commute that I have taken for 7 years.  The same car, CIRCLED, is even in the background. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:05:39 PM by Beasho »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 08:51:58 PM »
You can add a hubmotor to your bike, there are a few folks that do it. All-wheel drive. Works fine but it's a lot of weight.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 11:00:53 PM »
I swung by the Mavericks Surf Shop and Jeff Clark was hosting Chris Bertish.  We all surfed inside Mavericks and came back on Foil bikes.

A Three-Pack.  Chris was given the honor of christening Jeff's signature series while Jeff rode the un-motored cycle in bare feet. 

Chris said "We should get a picture of this" and I realized I had my camera so here it was.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal