Author Topic: Rejected again!  (Read 8958 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Rejected again!
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2018, 11:44:34 AM »
My daughter sent me this pic...no idea who DC Photography is but they captured a great shot. This is where I was trying to get out....not that day obviously but the next. You can see why there was so much erosion damage. This spot always takes a beating in nor'easters but this may be the most emblematic pic I've seen of it....you can see the sand and rocks flying.

I was thinking of getting a print from the photog and framing it for our friend...who sold that snack bar last year...caption..."Good Timing"..... :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:48:40 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2018, 05:48:39 PM »
We are always one small mistake away. One time when I was driving across the country I came across a guy doing 30 in a 65, in a car full of mattresses wearing a helmet. I thought "You fool, when a semi rear-ends you in a blind curve those mattresses will soak with gasoline and burn you to a crispy critter". There is no such thing as safe. You can stay in your house and lose your balance lurching from the sofa and bash your brains out on the coffee table. So the best strategy is--live.

I'm sitting here on a rainy and cold Maui day making up lists to go race Peyote next summer. I didn't realize I was so excited to race until I noticed my right hand was shaking. A few days ago I tested my depth perception on corners on the jungle route to Makawao. I was a little concerned my double vision might not be really gone, that my brain is just compensating and I'm still fucked. Nope, I'm good to go. I hit my late apex chalk marks on the nose in my crapmobile. Some of the locals might have wondered what the fuck I was doing, but at least I wasn't texting. And Peyote is ready to go, gonna be a lot of fun.

Bummer about Sandy's, they had some nice fried clams.

The only east coast race I'd really like to do is the Pittsburg Vintage Grand Prix, and the Kastner Cup race the weekend before. But that's a silly long haul, and it conflicts with a race in Spokane. Elvis (my daughter, Elizabeth) would kick me in the nuts if a skipped a race in her hometown, so for the sake of my comfort, I'm gonna blow off that long tow.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:56:02 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 08:45:30 AM »
I'm not about to lay down and die but I don't want to die by stupidity either. Had to laugh about the losing balance off the couch...I've done that a few times...no deaths yet.... :) Best one was getting out of bed and just kept going....put my head through the closet door..... ::)

Sandy's went immediately down hill. The guy took a hugely popular place. Paid a good price because Sandy made good $$ there. She offered to give him her recipes and to help him get things going....he said no thanks...then jacked up prices with his new menu which is not as good.....now he's complaining he's not doing so well....and now this. He owns the buildings and leases the land from the town. Can't be a happy camper....has to be $30,000 in damage that I can see from outside. AND it's getting hammered again as I type this.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:47:44 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 05:28:10 PM »
Hoping tomorrow afternoon has a different result at this same location. Snow died sooner than forecast, maybe the wind will back off sooner too.
Bob

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2018, 08:21:32 PM »
Forecast is a bit windier than I'd like but if I get deep in the cove I can get out of most of it. Cliff is close to 100' there. This for tomorrow at 11:00.
Bob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal