Author Topic: Another Maui Biathalon  (Read 1176 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Another Maui Biathalon
« on: March 06, 2018, 08:24:23 PM »
I went foil surfing at Guardrails this morning from about 6:30 to 11:30. Small but clean and lots of catchable waves. I'm getting much better at getting into the waves, controlling pitch, getting the board up, and turning is getting better. I still tend to go out of control if I turn to hard, but I'm getting there.

Then i called Boyum and discovered the south side was ripping. I headed over since I had my Bullet V2 on the roof. Had a great from Sugar Beach to Makena Landing Gregg Leion (Covesurfer) and Bill. the dusted me in their boats, but my run was fast and fun. Fell four times. It was pretty crazy, big rollers, lots of wind, and monster rollers coming into Makena.

Rod Parmenter did a foil downwinder with Jeremey Riggs, Kathy Shipman, and Randy Royce. He had a blast and was super pumped about it. Wants me to do a foil downwinder tomorrow. I don't think its feasible without good pumping skills, but maybe I'll give it a go. What's the worst that can happen? Wait, don't answer that.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

jrandy

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Another Maui Biathalon
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 04:52:08 AM »
Sounds like fun Bill! Your stories are inspirational.

My biathlon yesterday was not as exciting...two heats of shoveling/snow blowing with an interval of work and a cool-down of making foil parts.
http://pushheretosavealife.com/
Be safe, have fun. -J

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal