Author Topic: Leave politics out of it  (Read 13004 times)

supsurf-tw

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Leave politics out of it
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2018, 05:54:23 PM »
There will never be civil conversations regarding modern day politics so they need to be confined to political pages. Political post are like cancer to non political web pages. It divides and we don't need it.
Boards:

8-10 x 31 Egg
8-11 X 32 Double wing Fangtail Tom Whitaker
8-6 X 30 1\2  Inbetweener Tom Whitaker
8-4 x 30 Hyper quad Tom Whitaker (wife's now)
8-4 X 31 1\4.  Round (wide) Diamond Tail Quad Tom Whitaker
 9-4 X 30 1\2. Swallow Stinger Quad Tom Whitaker (ex wifes now)
10-0 Brusurf for teach

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2018, 08:03:34 PM »
I can't stand the name calling either...libtard, repuke, all stupid. Anyone that starts saying that everyone on the other side is an idiot, or corrupt, or has been scammed, or whatever loses credibility in my eyes. Resorting to absolutes shows a lack of critical thinking to me.

Cant disagree with that, but I gotta admit I've heard some pretty funny insults.  Most colorful I've seen is "You liberals all eat the raspberries out of clown poop".  LOL not sure what that even means.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2018, 08:25:12 PM »
Funny yes...sometimes...and interesting theatre...but also sad.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

paddlinglass

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2018, 09:07:26 AM »
Agree w the premise of this thread.  Funny how it seems to have opened the door to political comments within it.  Since it has, it shouldn't be out of line to add 2’.

Could it be that the framework of Dem vs Rep (liberal vs conservative, blue vs red) this country is stuck in plays right into the hands of the ruling class?  It keeps the masses divided and viewing one another as the opposition, when the main adversary of 80% or more of "the people" is the ruling class itself (the top .001% and largest multinational corporations).

That ruling class has bought the politicians, rigged the economy to their benefit, and owns mainstream media.   Whether its Fox, Breitbart, AM radio, or the supposed liberal media, they all give you "news"  ("messages" is more like it) those in charge want you to hear.  How often do any of them talk about the growing threat of climate change, the economic destruction of trickle down policies, or how unnecessary all our wars are along with the financial burden of the defense budget?  Listening to all sides of msm does not make one more or better informed, just duped by both sides of a warped, distorted coin.  Even NPR has been taken over by corporate interests.

For those who believe there is a liberal media, please explain why they marginalized, ignored, and smeared Bernie Sanders during the 2016 primary.

Instead of viewing politics, elections and candidates as Dem vs Rep, we need to think in terms of The People vs .001%, main st vs wall st,  workers vs corporations.  Otherwise we'll remain split and the ruling elite will remain in power.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2018, 09:44:39 AM »
There will never be civil conversations regarding modern day politics so they need to be confined to political pages. Political post are like cancer to non political web pages. It divides and we don't need it.

Maybe that is exactly what we need? To learn how to debate politics like fellow human beings?
 I do agree it is fine to contain it to random tho, since I totally get that some people do not want to ingest politics in everything they do.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2018, 11:44:29 AM »
i think "leave politics out of it" is a good name for the sewer in which we try to confine politics.

and maybe it need not be a sewer and we can engage decent debate/dialogue--we shall see--it's going ok so far--but it'll likely inflame at some point

so why not here? seems as good a place as any--any that isnt polluting sup-related threads
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2018, 11:45:58 AM »
Agree w the premise of this thread.  Funny how it seems to have opened the door to political comments within it.  Since it has, it shouldn't be out of line to add 2’.

For those who believe there is a liberal media, please explain why they marginalized, ignored, and smeared Bernie Sanders during the 2016 primary.
You asked some questions, baiting answers that some may not agree to, which in turn may invite some debate.
So for this question, maybe you should ask Debbie Wasserman Schultz for an answer to that.
I will now remove the hook from my lip, and swim away.
It takes a quiver to do that.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2018, 11:46:59 AM »
i agree with you paddlinglass, but that shdnt be surprising--you lean a lil bit left if i may say so myself
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2018, 01:18:42 PM »

Could it be that the framework of Dem vs Rep (liberal vs conservative, blue vs red) this country is stuck in plays right into the hands of the ruling class?  It keeps the masses divided and viewing one another as the opposition, when the main adversary of 80% or more of "the people" is the ruling class itself (the top .001% and largest multinational corporations).

That ruling class has bought the politicians, rigged the economy to their benefit, and owns mainstream media.   Whether its Fox, Breitbart, AM radio, or the supposed liberal media, they all give you "news"  ("messages" is more like it) those in charge want you to hear.  How often do any of them talk about the growing threat of climate change, the economic destruction of trickle down policies, or how unnecessary all our wars are along with the financial burden of the defense budget?  Listening to all sides of msm does not make one more or better informed, just duped by both sides of a warped, distorted coin.  Even NPR has been taken over by corporate interests.

Instead of viewing politics, elections and candidates as Dem vs Rep, we need to think in terms of The People vs .001%, main st vs wall st,  workers vs corporations.  Otherwise we'll remain split and the ruling elite will remain in power.

Excellent post! Not that we're talking politics of course   ;)
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2018, 01:19:23 PM »
--you lean a lil bit left if i may say so myself
Yes, I find myself doing that as well the older I get...but then again I am known to be a "goofy" footer, so it probably surprises no one that leaning to the right tends to upset my balance a little easier than when I lean a lil bit more to the left when going down the line.
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2018, 01:27:24 PM »
It’s not a healthy sign when a democracy gets so polarised that people begin to become uncomfortable to freely express their views.

Get up! Stand up!

Stand up for your rights.

https://youtu.be/TidVH0qZdpk

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2018, 01:35:11 PM »
Like statistics, 73.6 percent of politics are made up on the spot.  :D

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2018, 01:52:48 PM »
That's twice now I've heard that same statistic, so it must be true! ;D

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2018, 03:37:39 PM »
And it's always true if you read it online   8)
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2018, 04:52:58 PM »