Author Topic: Jimmy Styks SUP (VISTA Outdoor AR-15's and the NRA)  (Read 19374 times)

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Jimmy Styks SUP (VISTA Outdoor AR-15's and the NRA)
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2018, 07:22:21 AM »
@ Quickbeam

You can "never' guarantee you will not ever be in a life threatening situation and I hope you never encounter one. But if you ever have an up close and personal one from a low life who may want to play around with you like a toy for his sadistic amusement and/or  pleasure, a concealed handgun may be the only thing that saves your life. In other words; "Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it" because "Chance" seems to favor the prepared mind.

As for me. If and when I'm faced with an up close and personal situation where someone wants to cause me very serious bodily harm or worse, wants to take my life, I have absolutely no qualms and/or remorse when it comes down to me terminating that someone's life with extreme prejudice from a firearm, concealed or otherwise.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2018, 07:50:00 AM »
Nwing, if you have guns to protect uour rural home,which I   can understand ,  why do you   carry  a  gun  when  you  go to cities  in  West  Texas ?

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2018, 07:54:18 AM »
NightWing, I was surrprised to hear that your gun of choice was an 1100, I would have thought an 870.  But, I suspect you take good care of that autoloader and its every bit as reliable as a pump.

My 1100 was bought for me by my late dad back in 1966 when I was 16 years old. The 1100 came with a 28" barrel with a fixed modified choke. After some years, I replaced the 28" barrel which it came with for a 21" vent rib barrel with three removable chokes. The chokes were: Full, Modified and Improved Cylinder. Later on I bought a Extra Full Choke which handles the #4 buckshot shotshells. Over the last 52 years, I've had to replace a few minor parts which wore out since the 1100 was once my preferred dove, squirrel and rabbit shotgun. BTW, when hunting game; when I kill it, I eat it. On a side note, my wife makes a delicious dove, squirrel and rabbit combined stew.

I do own a 1968 model year Remington 870 Wingmaster pump action 12 gauge shotgun chambered for a 2 3/4" shotshell with a 26" barrel. I don't use it for the dark at night home self defense because the 26" barrel is too long to swing it quickly enough if I need to hit a fast moving target at close quarters. The 21" barreled 12 gauge semi auto 1100 is better suited for hitting a fast moving target because the barrel swings faster.

Every six months; I take all of my firearms apart, oil them, put them back together and test fire them to make sure there are no hiccups with any them if you get my drift.  ;) And all of my firearms look relatively new since I take very good care with every one of them. As they say; "If you take care of the equipment, the equipment will take care of you".  ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:19:13 AM by Night Wing »
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2018, 08:10:48 AM »
Nwing, if you have guns to protect uour rural home,which I   can understand ,  why do you   carry  a  gun  when  you  go to cities  in  West  Texas ?

I still have my private hunting lease out near Sanderson, Tx. Sanderson has a population of around 950 residents as of this typing. The town is close to the Mexican border. There are a lot of illegal aliens who cross illegally into Texas. Some of these people are criminals and they won't hesitate to take your belongings or worse, kill you if they think they can get away with it. Basically, in the vast and sparsely populated areas of west texas, it still is the "wild west" if you get my drift.

When I'm traveling out to my hunting lease, all of my firearms are unloaded and locked in the bed of my truck, covered with a camper shell. If I need these firearms for any type of armed confrontation quickly, I'm going to end up dead since I wouldn't have time to get to them much less load them. My concealed 357 magnum revolver resting in it's shoulder holster under my left armpit gives me an "edge" should a situation arise which could turn nasty real quick.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2018, 08:18:40 AM »
As they say; "If you take care of the equipment, the equipment will take care of you".  ;)
That certainly translates well to our paddling sports as well NW.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2018, 07:01:50 AM »
do me a favor, nw--when you get older and begin to lose control of your faculties, your coordination, and your cognition (as all of us will--hopefully, not to an extreme, like with lewy body or alzheimer"s), pls cease operating guns, as you will hopefully cease operating cars, when that time comes

pls keep doing anything else you'd like to do--activities like sup, or even operating chainsaws---activities where you arent carrying a deadly weapon, and making life or death decisions about who deserves to live or die--

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2018, 10:10:24 AM »
Are you completely out of your Midol???

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2018, 02:13:35 PM »
do me a favor, nw--when you get older and begin to lose control of your faculties, your coordination, and your cognition (as all of us will--hopefully, not to an extreme, like with lewy body or alzheimer"s), pls cease operating guns, as you will hopefully cease operating cars, when that time comes

pls keep doing anything else you'd like to do--activities like sup, or even operating chainsaws---activities where you arent carrying a deadly weapon, and making life or death decisions about who deserves to live or die--

Since you made your post to me earlier this morning and after reading your post, I can only guess you must have had lemons for breakfast this morning and those lemons must have been really sour.

As for me doing you a favor? Sorry, I'm not  going to do you a favor.

You may not like firearms, but I like them and I have no intentions of ceasing the use of my firearms just because it irritates you. So please file that in your memory for future reference. As for me getting older, I just turned 68. Now, lets check to see if I'm a good candidate for dementia, arthritis, Alzheimer, Parkinson's and any other cognitive malady you can think of.

My father was 85 years old when he died. He died of a heart attack brought on by high cholesterol. He loved his scrambled eggs for breakfast and copious amount of cheese. He had told me a long time ago, when he died, he wanted to go with a knife and fork in his hands.

When he died, he had all of his mental faculties as well as the use of his body which is commonly referred to as shoulders, arms, hands, legs, knees, ankles and feet. No hearing problems either probably because over the 20 years one of his favorite hobbies, skeet shooting, he always wore safety muffs over his ears. The week before he died, he and I had played a torrid game of 1 on 1 basketball for 45 minutes and I don't mean a game of horse either.

My mother passed away at the age of 91. She died of pneumonia. Like my father, she never lost the use of her mental faculties. Her memory, like my father's, was sharp as a properly sharpened double edged hollow ground blade on a tactical knife. She walked one mile everyday too, in the heat or in the cold. But she never walked when it was raining. I never knew how she contracted pneumonia either. Why am I telling you this? I'm telling you this because I'm just like my father and mother, whch means I'm the product of very good genes so the odds of me getting all the maladies which affect older people, which you alluded to, are slim. And at 68 years, I don't have any signs of arthritis either.

Now, lets get down to the nitty gritty. Since you don't like my comments and quite frankly, I don't care for your comments either, there is an easy solution which will work for both of us. The Zoner site has an "Ignore" list. You put my username on your "Ignore" list and I will definitely put your username on my "Ignore" list. This way, neither one of us will ever butt heads again.

addapost

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2018, 04:21:03 PM »
There is some really hilarious shit on this thread.  :) ;) :D ;D ::)
Bunch of old shit

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2018, 08:19:06 AM »
i have no problem with most of your comments nightwing, and pls feel free to put me on ignore-- i wont put you on ignore--i am totally fine reading what you write and you seem a decent human being--and my mood/citrus diet is just fine, thanks--perhaps you confuse my mood with the fact that i do differ with you on gun control, and likely other issues?--if you cant handle that i differ from what you write, and that i write that i do, ignore away--i have no problem reading and responding to what you write here, and will continue--dialogue is how people work things out

but my comments stand---i dont think civilians should possess weapons/magazines designed specifically for use during war to kill humans as efficiently as possible--that these things are for sale at local walmarts is appalling to me--for what purpose?--

so.... in order that a few can target shoot and plink with these weapons, or feel "safe" from some unknown threat that is statistically negligible, we all get to live in a country where anyone can buy one of these and kill a crowd of 20-30 humans whenever they feel like it?--when the vast majority of americans would rather these not be available? sorry--these weapons and multishot magazines shd not be in the possessions of US civilians--i vote at the ballot and with my money to support this belief

and if you think your genes are superior, lucky you, if they in fact are---most people understand that we all lose some degree of capabilities as we age---no dementia in my family at all---but that doesnt mean i will have the capabilties i had at 35 when i am 85---same applies to all humans

i am not happy with the idea of elderly americans running around carrying loaded lethal weapons that they profess they will use on anyone they perceive as a threat--that's scary

and i intend not to engage the full spectrum of behaviors that might put others at risk, once ive aged to the extent that my ability to safely do so is compromised--we make my father take a fresh written and road test in FL yearly--he has passed 4 times---pisses him off, and it would change his life in profoundly negative ways ( so funny watching him "study" for the written test) were he to fail---but if his driving is not up to standard, he shouldnt be on the road, putting others at risk--interestingly he's a classic nixon reagan ultra-right wing republican--but he is very supportive of extensive gun control (as am i, despite my unabashed liberal progressive democrat leanings). and moody as we may get, we get along fine.
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2018, 11:11:39 AM »
Just some simple observations

1 All threats are unknown until they aren't and it is too late
2 Until you have looked down the business end of  knife, gun, or eyes of a criminal  you can't really understand what you willdo and how you will react.some wil understnd this others won't
3.There are lot of people intent on doing harm in this world
4.You have a duty to prtotec yourself anyway you see fit. But tell me how i need to protect my self.

The thread was about  biycotting the manufacturer of out door prodcuts because they also make guns?  That is  simply stupid as I said orignally.
It would be like boycotting baseball  bats becasue memebrs of MS 13 use them in commiting crimes

://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ms-13-is-‘taking-over-the-school’-one-teen-warned-before-she-was-killed/ar-BBK4n0L?li=BBnb4R7

SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2018, 02:37:50 PM »

i am not happy with the idea of elderly americans running around carrying loaded lethal weapons that they profess they will use on anyone they perceive as a threat--that's scary

This was a few weeks ago. An older - boarder line elderly man decided he didn't like the work his contractor was doing on his house. He figured he'd straighten out this business with a gun. He didn't like the police interfering with his business in his own house. The police took care it.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/02/07/man-shot-by-deputies-in-laguna-woods-dies-in-hospital/

It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2018, 03:00:59 PM »
Sometimes the perceived threat comes crashing through elders' doors.....

http://abc7.com/hemet-couple-opens-fire-on-intruder-during-attempted-burglary/3092625/

As someone said earlier, "Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it" is what I live by.

And no, I don't in fear of ever having to use them (again, pulled one once almost 35 years ago now when we lived in a "less desirable" place), but nice to know they're still around should the completely random oddity just happen out of the blue one day off in the future.
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2018, 04:49:03 PM »
The NRA has lost sight of it's original mission...and, there is way too much obfuscation of it's 2nd Amendment interpretation...

I don't think all that many people are advocating confiscating anyone's hunting, personal protection, or hobby guns...

It's pretty obvious to anyone with a heartbeat, that the status quo of gun control related to military grade weaponry and ammo, designed specifically to kill as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time...isn't working all that well here in the US...it's broken and going towards being FUBAR if we can't start being sensible about controlling this military grade weaponry in the hands of civilians...19 year olds with known mental issues have easy access...etc...kudos to MSD kids for pressuring Florida Gov. Rick Scott to finally break with the NRA and the gun manufacturers...they'll be OK...the world has a big assault rifle market...tipping point of budging the needle in the right direction...

The high school where my wife teaches had another gun threat last week...on Friday hardly anyone showed up...students or teachers...against my advice, Deb soldiered on...she's such a great teacher...has had lots of recognition...etc...but, she's most proud of a hand drawn card that she got from one of her students after showing up in the classroom the day after we had 1100 rounds of military grade bullets rain down on us at 10:00 on a Sunday night in Las Vegas...58 angels...we turned Andrea's design into a fund raiser t-shirt for victims with our trademarked Stoke For Life® on the pocket...never felt more true... #StokedForLife #NotOneMore #NeverAgain

Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2018, 06:14:11 PM »
Nuff said...
I'm ready for the newest generation to take over this country...they can't do much worse than the previous generation(s) that have had a crack at it...and, yes...it pains me to say that...it's not like we haven't had the warning signs blinking in front of us...

WTF...really...why can't the powers that be...whomever that may be...turn this boat around for a mo bettah destination?
A nominal tax break doesn't cut it when innocent people are being shot at by deranged killers with military grade weaponry...at ever increasing frequency...fuck more prayers and thoughts...where is the moral outrage?!?!
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
April 19, 2024, 12:51:49 PM
post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
April 19, 2024, 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard