Author Topic: Might Move to the Columbus, OH Area  (Read 1380 times)

Rideordie

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Might Move to the Columbus, OH Area
« on: February 19, 2018, 09:53:29 AM »
Might move to the Columbus, OH area.  Kind of focusing in on the Dublin, OH area.  There is a new condo/mixed use development called Bridge Park at Mooney Street and Tuller Ridge Drive.     The Scioto River runs through the area.  From photos I have seen, I can't tell if there is enough water in the river there paddle a "hard" SUP board safely.  Does anyone know?  Would be a huge bonus to be able to launch close to the condo.  How far would I have to go from the condo to have a good place to paddle there?

2021 SIC RS 14 x 24.5
Naish Glide 14 (v2)
SIC X-14 SCC  
KeNalu Konihi 95 xTuf(s)
KeNalu Mana 90 100 Flex

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Might Move to the Columbus, OH Area
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 07:14:54 PM »
Someone else would have to respond more specifically about the river you are inquiring about in Columbus but I did commute to Cincinnati for a year-and-a-half and brought my Red Inflatable with me.  I made some good friends paddling there and the lakes throughout the region are good to paddle and I also did paddle the Ohio river.  If you feel like a couple hour drive to Cincy, the Ohio River Paddlefest (http://www.ohioriverpaddlefest.org/) is a lot of fun.  And one of my other friends there drove to do the Chattajack.  The only downside for me was the I missed the waves that we get along the coast but fortunately commuted back most weekends to California and could hit the surf.  Good luck!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal