Author Topic: Health Insurance and Retirement?  (Read 11875 times)

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Health Insurance and Retirement?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 11:25:06 AM »
zoo--not to worry re NZ--their debt to gdp is around 25%, US is appx 105%

and they have free college too--wtf? free med care and free college---how is that possible?

simple, they tax their wealthy--we just handed ours 1.4 trillion dollars--US taxpayers (read middle class) will pay for this

hey trump's looking out for the little guy!--the guy working at Carrier! no not that guy, not the guy currently emplyed by carrier in mexico--the one who used to work for carrier, in flyover USA, who voted for trump...

here in the land of upward mobility----NOT

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 11:36:43 AM »
US healthcare spending is 21 trillion. That's 60K per person per year. Every person, every year. That's not about healthcase, that's profit, jobs, big biz, big insurance. The good and the bad. If you view healthcare as a social necessity then that's just way too much. I don't know about other folks, but even as a philosophical conservative I'm not prepared to watch kids in my country die because they can't see a doctor. I don't care whose kids they are. But given that we are currently an Oligarchy I don't see the expenditure changing. The notion that the solution is affordable insurance is stupid. What insurance can provide that kind of benefit?
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 11:47:00 AM »
 i see numbers more like 9k per capita here in US

what i got wrong?
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 01:06:16 PM »
Nothing wrong, it depends on whose numbers you use. direct healthcare cost is about 4 trillion (9k per person) total expenditures is 21T, including hard costs for infrastructure, pharma investment, etc.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 01:41:08 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 03:06:13 PM »
Spent more than a week in the hospital, and when he checked out realized that he hadn't paid. He asked what he owed and they said nothing. "But I'm a tourist." "Doesn't matter. We have free healthcare".

Holy cow!  I'll bet the taxes are high.  Sill, I'm tempted to start practicing phrases like "No worries, mate" and looking at Kiwi immigration policies for Yanks.
According to the New Zealand immigration site, you have to invest over $600000 into the country (a house counts) and have an income of at least $48k a year) could be doable for a good number of retirees from America.

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 03:24:47 PM »
so you think that 65 yo retirees/or self-employeds on medicare are "working the system"?  why?

Not 65 year olds maybe you took my post out if context with is typical for this site which I why I barely post anything anymore. I’m talking about the heroin heads and crack heads, welfare mother having baby after baby just to get a larger govt check, the people I see all the time getting “free care” because they dont have insurance or a way to pay (yet they have a fridge stocked with more food, have plenty of booze and drugs and dont forget their cigarettes), those are the people I’m talking about.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

goodfornothin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 03:49:39 PM »
Because your in how many of "these" peoples homes?  Your industry is as crooked as they come, along with the politician's and the AMA and the banks that run them.   And yeah, this place is an echo chamber, so.what? Doesnt make your narrow minded go team black and white life any more special.  Hahababababababhhhhahaa

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 05:40:07 PM »
Because your in how many of "these" peoples homes?  Your industry is as crooked as they come, along with the politician's and the AMA and the banks that run them.   And yeah, this place is an echo chamber, so.what? Doesnt make your narrow minded go team black and white life any more special.  Hahababababababhhhhahaa

Wow was that directed at me? If it was your an idiot and obviously simple minded and your opinion is worth exactly what your zone name reads.

BTW GoofForNothing it’s not MY industry, I just have a job like most people, so do us all a favor and keep your direct harsh rants elsewhere or feel free to send me a PM and lets meet up and discuss your trash talk in person.

If your post wasn’t directed at me I apologize, but sure read that way.

And just another reason the zones gone to shit.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

goodfornothin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2018, 06:44:21 PM »
,,,, hahahha.   You work for an industry that sucks the very life out of the american people, but you dont own it? Oh you own it, you perpetuate the machine daily, everytime you collect that check. 

And yes, your ability to see the grey between the dipole world you live in is a bit problamatic, cuz it dont work.

Ive been in hundreds of these homes of the people you so eloquently describe, it aint happening like that. 

And keep the threats to yourself big guy, ive survived 5 cancers, died on an operating table, even drowned a few times,,,im like fucking Highlander,,,you better cut my head off, cuz i dont stop,,,hahahahahaha. And how old are you? Im like almost 50, i thought we stopped the bully bullshit 40 years ago?  Maybe its all that angst wrapped so tight you dont know what too do when somebody calls you out on some ridiculous bullshit🤙

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2018, 06:45:23 AM »
,,,, hahahha.   You work for an industry that sucks the very life out of the american people, but you dont own it? Oh you own it, you perpetuate the machine daily, everytime you collect that check. 

And keep the threats to yourself big guy, ive survived 5 cancers, died on an operating table, even drowned a few times,,,im like fucking Highlander,,,you better cut my head off, cuz i dont stop,,,hahahahahaha. And how old are you? Im like almost 50, i thought we stopped the bully bullshit 40 years ago?  Maybe its all that angst wrapped so tight you dont know what too do when somebody calls you out on some ridiculous bullshit🤙

Who's the bully here tough guy,I offer to have this debate in person as I'm more of face to face guy when someones directing words at me? Maybe you need to take a good look in the mirror and re-read your replies before you hit the post button. Sounds to me like I hit a nerve and you took my original post personally? Was it because you personally had an issue with your insurance company during your medical issues, if yeah, then buddy the beef's not with me so find another whipping post, maybe try some yoga, or better yet maybe spend more time surfing and paddling and less time directing your anger at folks that frankly could give 2 shits about your big bad highlander mentality.

DING DING DING....From your post sounds to me like we found the hostel goon in the line up.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2018, 07:12:57 AM »
Oh well yet another thread destroyed by politics. So tired of listening/seeing this shit in every segment of life. Staring to think about pulling the plug on social networks...the ridiculous arguing from the edges is sucking the life out of life. I'm certainly ignoring the rants anyway regardless off political view. I've already unfriended/unfollowed anyone that is commonly posting political BS on FB
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2018, 07:37:56 AM »
Spent more than a week in the hospital, and when he checked out realized that he hadn't paid. He asked what he owed and they said nothing. "But I'm a tourist." "Doesn't matter. We have free healthcare".

Holy cow!  I'll bet the taxes are high.  Sill, I'm tempted to start practicing phrases like "No worries, mate" and looking at Kiwi immigration policies for Yanks.
According to the New Zealand immigration site, you have to invest over $600000 into the country (a house counts) and have an income of at least $48k a year) could be doable for a good number of retirees from America.

Wow, what an immigration filter!  If we tried to pull that here in the US, the world would hate us and hold us in low esteem....

esskay1000

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 08:08:39 AM »
Oh well yet another thread destroyed by politics. So tired of listening/seeing this shit in every segment of life. Staring to think about pulling the plug on social networks...the ridiculous arguing from the edges is sucking the life out of life. I'm certainly ignoring the rants anyway regardless off political view. I've already unfriended/unfollowed anyone that is commonly posting political BS on FB

Exactly. Welcome to the club.  I started doing this over a year ago and feel happier every day
My journey to financial independence
https://accidentalfire.com
Just.  Get.  Out.

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2018, 08:25:47 AM »
Have to say I was fascinated by some of the numbers being thrown around for health insurance. Something I find hard to fathom. I’m Canadian and retired at 56 years old. I pay zero dollars for health coverage. Now to be absolutely accurate, I live in British Columbia, which is one of only two Provinces that charge a monthly fee for health insurance. My employer pays this cost as part of my retirement health benefits. But most of our Provinces do not charge any fee, and it looks like my province is in the process of either significantly reducing the fee or getting rid of it altogether. And even the current fees are not outrageous. If you’re single the fee is $75 per month, and for a couple it’s $150 for month.

I’m not saying for a moment that the Canadian health care system is perfect. Privatization is starting to creep in and we do have wait times for some procedures. But what I can say is that the cost of health care was not the slightest consideration when I was making the decision to retire early. I can’t imagine a scenario where I couldn’t retire because I couldn’t afford health insurance. These retirement years have been some of the best of my life and I really do feel for you guys who can’t pull the plug because of health insurance.

Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2018, 08:43:23 AM »
so you think that 65 yo retirees/or self-employeds on medicare are "working the system"?  why?

Not 65 year olds maybe you took my post out if context with is typical for this site which I why I barely post anything anymore. I’m talking about the heroin heads and crack heads, welfare mother having baby after baby just to get a larger govt check, the people I see all the time getting “free care” because they dont have insurance or a way to pay (yet they have a fridge stocked with more food, have plenty of booze and drugs and dont forget their cigarettes), those are the people I’m talking about.

So you are one of those slimy guys who work in the insurance industry?   COOL!  Let's be friends and can I get some advice from you? 

One of my best friends is in another trade that a lot of people resent...he's an IRS auditor.  Ha!  Doesn't make him a bad person or a problem for our society; he's just doing his job and if he quit, someone else would take his place.  Plus, he is a great guy, a solid keyboardist and singer in a band I used to play in.  I've always admired him and often hit him up for advice. 

The wisest people learn how to navigate in the system without being corrupted by it.  IMO

8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal