Author Topic: Creek 8’7” on it’s way!  (Read 17960 times)

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Creek 8’7” on it’s way!
« on: February 14, 2018, 08:00:57 AM »
Hi

Jim K from Extreem Windsurfing let me know yesterday that my new Creek is on it’s way. There is a new colour scheme for 2018 and it looks amazing. Will post pictures when it arrives and video to follow. Thanks again Jim for making the arrangements and helping to guide me through the process.

Cheers

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Creek 8’7” on it’s way!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 09:06:10 AM »
I know you'll enjoy your new board. Since your board is now in transit, the excitement begins.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

mantaray

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 02:45:49 PM »
Congrats!

I'm here to tell you those colors Pop!

My custom "One" from JimK last fall...to add to your anticipation  :)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:49:19 PM by mantaray »

mantaray

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 02:46:46 PM »
Another

mantaray

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 02:48:27 PM »
One more

Floridasup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 03:33:39 PM »
Beautiful Colors.  Sunova does a great job.  Plain wood looks good but these colors really stand out.  Bring on the color for my next Sunova

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 04:39:40 PM »
Hi

Jim K from Extreem Windsurfing let me know yesterday that my new Creek is on it’s way. There is a new colour scheme for 2018 and it looks amazing. Will post pictures when it arrives and video to follow. Thanks again Jim for making the arrangements and helping to guide me through the process.

Cheers

Bob

So glad to hear that!  You are going to love it.
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 04:46:11 PM »
Thanks Mantaray

What a beautiful board!!

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 05:22:45 PM »
Hi,

My 8’7” Creek arrived yesterday. The packing of the board was fantastic and the board arrived in pristine condition! There are several people that I want to thank. To Bert, Tino and Rick for designing, shaping and producing such a functional work of art .....my admiration and appreciation. Tino please tell your packing team what a fantastic job they are doing. Jim K at Extreem Windsurfing you are such a professional. Working with people such as you is a pleasure.

I picked the board up in Vancouver and we drove over to Tofino early this morning. It was cool and lightly snowing. The surf on North Chesterman the closest beach was small (1-3 feet) and choppy. Perfect for checking out the stability of the board. I am 62years and 70 kg. The board is very stable for me. No unexpected falls in 2 hours of paddling/surfing in the choppy off short 5-7knt wind. The stability is very similar to my 8’10” Speeed and perhaps not surprising as the are almost exactly the same width. A bit easier paddling out on the Creek, spins a bit faster when lining up for a wave and remarkably the glide and ability to catch waves is very similar. There is less yaw when paddling hard than my 8’10” Skate. Not much to report on the surfing on these tiny waves. Tomorrow it is predicted to be 3-5 ft at Cox bay and that should be more what this board is made for. I will report back tomorrow. Below are a couple of pictures of the board. She is a beauty!

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

Anon

surfshaver

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 10:21:45 AM »
Bob, she's a beaut!  As you might remember I have the same board.  And as much as I like the "Gibson Les Paul Sunburst" colors, I think I like the blue/green even better!  Glad to see you're enjoying yours.  Down here in the Malibu area, we've had a wave drought for a while and I'm jonesing to get back out on mine. 

PS -- my one recommendation is: if you are using the stock fins, try smaller ones!  I am using FCS ARC larges and they seem to work great.  My good friend has an 8.10 Acid and he rides big NorCal surf on even smaller ones -- more like PC-5 (mediums).  We are both about 190-200 pounds.

It's counterintuitive, but the rails on Sunovas are good enough that they behave like modern shortboards.  Especially with the grip from the channels on the Creek you can go smaller.

Cheers

Alex

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 12:59:45 PM »
Thanks Alex,

Yes I agree smaller fins seem to work well on my Sunova boards. On the 8’10” Speeed I have been using 4 1/2 in. set and like them. I am trying these on the Creek also. The Skate I have set up as a twin fin with the large stock 105s up front and a trailing nubster. I just got off the water surfing on the Creek in a blizzard. It will be interesting to see if any of the Soloshot video turns out. I was warm except for my face....the sleet stung a bit at the top of the waves with a 10-12 knot offshore breeze.

Cheers

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

Anon

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 02:57:49 PM »
Well........the Soloshot was unable to track me in this little blizzard. It picked me up going into and exiting the water. I road my bike to the beach, about a 20 minute ride. To be honest on the outside the visibility was marginal. I could not see the shore. I think however this clip does really show off the board well.

Bob

Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

Anon

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 03:38:27 PM »
Was that you zipping by on those clips?  I didn't see a paddle in the person's hands.
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

supthecreek

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 03:54:52 PM »
Super stoked you got your board Bob... enjoy the heck out of it!

Gotta say, I don't miss those conditions  ;D
and... biking in the snow, that's interesting.
I am enjoying your reports from the frozen NW... keep them coming!

Soloshot will sometimes freeze on a spot..... did you try to stop/start the recording?
It is a tricky beast, but I'm starting to get some footage these days.... great when it works!
I don't think it will like getting wet from the snow

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 06:14:09 PM »
Thanks Creek and Zooport

No that young guy that is actually surfing is my stand in double........going to have to put a bit of paint on his board and teach him to hold a paddle!

Creek I may have made an error. I downloaded the most recent update........the Soloshot was working fine until  I did that.....darn. I did have the weather proof shroud on the base and camera. That will need to work here.......it rains a lot.....and I mean a lot in Tofino.....there was a record of 10 inches of rain in one day a couple of weeks ago..........if you don’t surf in the rain you don’t surf here....snow however is a rarity.......and was fun to get out there. We have a bike path beside the highway and towing my board I go fairly slow......I did put my helmet back on however for the ride home.

Will see what tomorrow brings.

Cheers

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

Anon

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal