Author Topic: Foil Mount Adapter Plate  (Read 10602 times)

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Foil Mount Adapter Plate
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 08:43:39 PM »
DailyBread, I was totally thinking of mounting to a wavestorm. Post up how you got that on the INT.

Also, how do those little guys paddle? Post a thread on that thing once you've gotten some rides on it.

DailyBread Surf Photo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • RapidRescoreCredit.com
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 07:59:56 AM »
DailyBread, I was totally thinking of mounting to a wavestorm. Post up how you got that on the INT.

Also, how do those little guys paddle? Post a thread on that thing once you've gotten some rides on it.

Sam Pa'e over on O'ahu did just that.  He took a broken wavestorm and threw a foil on it.  Not sure how he mounted it, but I've seen video and it kinda works.  Not as rigid as a hard board, so the pumping is alittle off from what it looks like.

I finished up my mount of the INT last night.  Just drilled straight through the thing and mounted the plate with bolts and big washers.  Since it's so short, 4'10, it might work alittle better as it's pretty rigid.

Might give it a go this morning as there's no wind and some swell here on the north side Maui.

DailyBread Surf Photo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • RapidRescoreCredit.com
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 06:32:34 PM »
First wave...

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 06:50:45 PM »
Argh. Ok, starting a thread. Do not trash that that thing.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2018, 04:01:25 PM »
HiTech in Maui has some beautiful but heavy and expensive Tuttle to flat adapters--$200 bux.

I couldn't see screwing around with a wavestorm, as much as I love the silly things. If I was looking for mega cheap foil board I'd find an old formula windsurf board or any old windsurfer for that matter. They generally have flat bottoms and are much stronger than surfboards. Many have Tuttle boxes for their fins and some haveTuttles for a centerboard. Cut off the tail 20 inches behind the centerboard and Bob's yer uncle.  I like this idea so well I'm going to look around for a trashed Formula board. Something like this:

Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

DailyBread Surf Photo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • RapidRescoreCredit.com
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 08:00:19 AM »
HiTech in Maui has some beautiful but heavy and expensive Tuttle to flat adapters--$200 bux.

Order direct from FoilMount.com and only pay $125+$10 shipping.  I got it in 2 days, comes from Texas.

sharksupper

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 08:28:57 PM »
I wonder if anyone will ever make a deep tuttle box to track mount foil adapter.  Seems like this could only strengthen the tuttle mounting as it would distribute the load to a wider area.

I was looking at the Jimmy Lewis Hovercraft board today as a potential for my first dedicated foil board, but then realized it's a tuttle box board and my foil is plate mount, bummer.

It would be super cool if someone developed a dual box and all the manufacturers could just stick those in for now on...  reminds me of the snafu with windsurfing boxes, US, TRIM, A, Power, Tuttle, and all the more proprietary ones! 

At least it's just two boxes to deal with at this point!

starman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 10:40:20 AM »
I wonder if anyone will ever make a deep tuttle box to track mount foil adapter

Like this?

http://www.windance.com/PowerPlate-Complete-w-Powerbo/41722/

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 05:17:34 PM »
I wonder if anyone will ever make a deep tuttle box to track mount foil adapter.  Seems like this could only strengthen the tuttle mounting as it would distribute the load to a wider area.

I was looking at the Jimmy Lewis Hovercraft board today as a potential for my first dedicated foil board, but then realized it's a tuttle box board and my foil is plate mount, bummer.

It would be super cool if someone developed a dual box and all the manufacturers could just stick those in for now on...  reminds me of the snafu with windsurfing boxes, US, TRIM, A, Power, Tuttle, and all the more proprietary ones! 

That's why we are installing both Tuttle and Plate mounts into our boards.  We are working on a Deep Tuttle/ Plate mount all in one high density foam installation block that we will use on our boards and will also offer to other board builders soon.
Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

sharksupper

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2018, 08:15:29 AM »
I wonder if anyone will ever make a deep tuttle box to track mount foil adapter

Like this?

http://www.windance.com/PowerPlate-Complete-w-Powerbo/41722/

Yes! Exactly!  I forgot about this one.

sharksupper

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2018, 08:25:15 AM »

That's why we are installing both Tuttle and Plate mounts into our boards.  We are working on a Deep Tuttle/ Plate mount all in one high density foam installation block that we will use on our boards and will also offer to other board builders soon.

You guys are my heroes!!!    :)

Blueplanet is at the top of my list of considerations for a dedicated setup! 

I only consider the JL because of the PVC sandwich construction is bomb proof.

SUP Committed

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2018, 04:55:08 PM »
I did an 5'-8" waves storm. I installed 2x6 wood block in between the existing stingers, used gorilla glue, then bolted the flange adaptor right threw the whole block, paddled it out and it worked
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 05:02:21 PM by SUP Committed »

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
Today at 12:51:49 PM
post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
Today at 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard