Author Topic: Long day  (Read 8998 times)

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Long day
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 01:28:16 PM »
With a blowhard in the White House that tweets about the size of his button and calls other countries shitholes, and another cowboy in NK, the possibility of an attack being real has never felt more likely since I was a kid during the worst of the Cold War. If you're a t rump supporter on this forum and want to give me shit about what I think, F You. Admin, feel free to boot me from here for inappropriate posting. I honestly don't care.

Well said. I’ve often wondered how people who voted for Trump feel now. Really, really don’t understand how anyone could have voted for him in the first place, but the fact that he still has any support absolutely baffles me.

The United States used to be county people looked up to. The United States used to be a country that the rest of the world looked to for leadership. Really sad to see what’s happening since Trump.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

connector14

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 02:09:18 PM »
I will bravely admit I voted for him because I truly thought it was time to give someone who clearly wasn't a politician a chance. I thought he might run the country more like a business....meaning don't do things unless you have a way to pay for it.
Boy,  was I wrong. He is an embarrassment beyond belief. Even some of the smart folks he chose to work alongside him can't handle him. We have a mess now and people seem to be walking away from him right and left. I am at a loss as to what should come next. Maybe he should "declare victory" and then resign so that he can continue to pursue golf and other interests that aren't so damaging to the country.  :-[
"never leave the dock without your paddle"
Imagine Rocket 14 ...my new favorite, smooth and fast and lite
2018 Red Paddle 14 x 27 Elite
2014 Bark Dominator 14....smooth and quiet
2014 Imagine Connector 14...the "barge"

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 02:19:39 PM »
Hey Connector 14,

No shame in admitting you made a mistake. We all mistakes, and I say good on you for having the guts to admit it.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 03:45:14 PM »
Not to mention the democratic party bosses and moneyed interest shoving Hillary down our throats. I voted for her, but it wasn't because I didn't expect her to be a disaster. Lesser of two evils. That's not a choice--or at least not the kind of choice that should be forced on a representative republic. Democrats shouldn't be smug about how much Trump sucks. Though it's going to be tough to contain their glee after the midterms. Given the current trends, it's going to be a bloodbath. Not just because voters are pissed, but because the party is fracturing. And as much as the Republicans deserve a thorough ass-kicking, the Democrats haven't done anything to deserve a win.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 11:50:45 AM »
26,000 Dow.....manufacturing up, jobs up, wages up..GDP projections good. That's why people voted for him.....and he's not Hillary. It says a lot that I held my nose and voted for him ( I have despised him and his kind for a long time). The guy is an spoiled frat boy with an ego that is off the charts. Yes it sucks that we had to elect him....but give me a better choice. Please don't ruin yet another thread with sanctimonious crap. The system is failing all of us.

BTW....I guarantee you that other Presidents that you guys respect (Democrats) have called other countries by names just as bad. It's just that they didn't have people running to the press after closed door meetings in the Whitehouse to try and make them look bad. Also...is Trump saying anything that most don't already think? The hypocrisy of all this is amazing.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:59:44 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2018, 12:32:05 PM »

BTW....I guarantee you that other Presidents that you guys respect (Democrats) have called other countries by names just as bad. It's just that they didn't have people running to the press after closed door meetings in the Whitehouse to try and make them look bad. Also...is Trump saying anything that most don't already think? The hypocrisy of all this is amazing.

It wasn't his "shithole countries" comment that I (and many more) objected to. It was when he added, "Why don't we get more immigrants from Norway" (meaning white people).

That made it racial and showed what a pompous racist pig he really is.

Sorry about the hijack on your thread Pono Bill.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:34:50 PM by southwesterly »

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2018, 12:44:09 PM »
Hypocrisy, you mean like....

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 12:50:46 PM »
No..I mean hypocrisy...like pretending you don't think some places are shitholes.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 01:05:21 PM »
manufacturing up, jobs up, wages up..GDP projections good.

That also happened under Obama

Yes it sucks that we had to elect him....but give me a better choice.
You had plenty of choices, that's why there's a write in option

Also...is Trump saying anything that most don't already think?

No, most people don't think that those areas are shit holes. There are not a lot of good people that are in those countries that would be good American citizens if given a fair chance.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 01:13:45 PM by Tom »

devon_sup_surf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2018, 01:37:55 PM »
shall we get back on topic folks?

As an outsider- Trump does seem pretty awful in most areas. But Clinton was almost as bad. His success was in part a vote against her, as much as for him IMO.

Anyway- looking forward to seeing videos of this monster swell.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2018, 01:59:00 PM »
I don't mind thread wander, it's like a conversation. I'm not a big fan of discussing politics though. Most people I meet have somewhat inflexible ideas about politics and religion.

The way ideas change about things like racism are interesting though. It's a universally negative label, though in fact everyone is a racist to one degree or another. You can be in love with a black girl, and still feel uncomfortable walking home from her neighborhood. I understood that when I was 16. What big thinkers like Martin Luther King were after is not an end to racism, but an end to the injustices that result from it. At the far end of progessive looniness are people saying you can't think like that, as if it were something you control. At the other end of whatever conservatism has degenerated to are people who hate anyone who isn't just like them. Fuck'em both.

The problem with Trump saying stupid shit is that it harms everyone. It shoves the morons deeper into their ridiculous positions--left and right. And it diminishes the USA, both in the eyes of the world, and more importantly, in our own eyes.

America WAS great at one time--we had plenty of bad ideas and acted poorly often, but the country stood for some important things. Now it's small and mean. Just like our dickhead President.

Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2018, 03:35:15 PM »
America has it's moments of greatness. They still happen. Politic's have never been great. The downside is we always manage to get into wars we shouldn't be in. The up side is a little war, potential war or looming national threat is just good for business and our economy. In 1940, under democratic president Roosevelt, the government targeted Italian-Americans as unwanted "enemy aliens". Any undocumented Italian-Americans were to have their property confiscated, and they could be detained or deported with-out a hearing. Ellis Island then blocked the influx of any more Italians. My best friend is Italian. Some how they let his poor undesirable family to slip by:)
The Clinton's have way more connected political money and influence than not-so-poor spoiled Donald. Trump's a very smart man, and he tells us that every time he speaks or tweets. When ever I meet someone and they tell me how great they are, I'm always impressed. On the other hand, someone who is polished, poised, articulate and speaks from the pulpit, scares the hell out of me. We can't just print 8 trillion dollars, and say "Man that guy is great!" I'd be a hero too if I could print out 8 trillion dollars and hand it out to every poor bank and union project in the nation. We need banks and we need unions, but we need a balance. We as a county have to work for a living. That means everyone. Something that too many self-proclaimed privileged system leaches from all walks of life feel they don't need to do. These days everyone has a PhD in milking the systems. If you don't feed the cow, there won't be any milk for our kids. What this country needs is an actual 'working-class' that's willing to use their hands and work instead of staring at their phones.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:48:38 PM by TallDude »
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2018, 05:24:14 PM »
I've never said anything other than Trump is a dick. The pendulum had to stop it's swing to the left...as simple as that. Hillary was cancer in my mind. Trump is unfortunately proving to be bad chemo. I hoped he'd be a kick in the nuts that we needed...maybe even so much of a dick that the people would demand better of our representatives....(I can dream anyway). His agenda comes to a screeching halt shortly with the mid terms so we can all take some solace in that. Even though i'm in favor of much of what he's done (with some big exceptions) I feel slimed just knowing I voted for him.

The real problem we have as a country is the screaming from the far right and left. We end up with Hillary and Trump as candidates....shame on us all. There is a reasonable answer in the middle but the partisan power brokers and the screeching fools won't let it happen.
Bob

Rider

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2018, 06:02:23 PM »
Wow.  I wouldn’t even think about a reply.  The Babcock’s have it covered. Right?..

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2018, 08:32:32 PM »
So, I'm listening to an audio book about George W. Bush.  When he ran for a state office in Texas, his opponent seized on the fact that Bush was born in Connecticut, not Texas, and therefore wasn't a "real Texan".  Bush responded (paraphrasing here) "Yes, it's true.  On that day I felt it was important to be with my mother".

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal