Author Topic: SMIK SUP in Bali  (Read 2674 times)

theangryintern

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
SMIK SUP in Bali
« on: January 08, 2018, 10:14:20 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tND0UJwlxFI

Spent the holidays over New Years' in Bali and definitely recommend you get over there quickly! With Mount Agung menacing to erupt, the flights and hotels are dirt cheap and the spots are deserted! Just a few locals and some expats still hanging around but rarely more than 20-30 people out.

Highlight of the trip was surfing Serangan (east coast of Bali) on New Years day in overhead, glassy conditions with only 3 other people out!

Riding a SMIK Spitfire Custom 7'7 x 26.5" and it's the best board I've ever ridden! Recommend the customs from SMIK SUP if you're looking to personalize your board!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:15:59 PM by theangryintern »

devon_sup_surf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SMIK SUP in Bali
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »
I almost went there for the final 2 weeks in Dec. What's the weather like at this time of year ? Lots of sup rental stuff going?

What are the waves like?

I'm thinking for next year.....

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 02:15:24 PM »
I went to Bali in the mid 80s and loved it. Also spent my 3 week honeymoon there in 1999. It had changed significantly by then and not for the better. I have very fond memories of Bali and am afraid that if I go there now, I'll be too disappointed and let down.   Seeing your video is tempting though.

theangryintern

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 06:08:31 AM »
I almost went there for the final 2 weeks in Dec. What's the weather like at this time of year ? Lots of sup rental stuff going?

What are the waves like?

I'm thinking for next year.....

It's the rainy season, so expect rain at least once or twice a day although you can also have dry spells. Surf is a bit smaller but less crowded and you can still get a decent swell over a 2-week period. Go for it!

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 08:36:51 PM »
Ur vid is super cool, like your user name! And your surfing is quite lively. Looks like a skimboard it turns so quick. And that Bali dude feasting was freaky funny!
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal