Author Topic: Hawaii's population is shrinking?  (Read 6763 times)

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Hawaii's population is shrinking?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 07:14:27 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if you guys, all of a sudden, get an influx from Montecito, Ca., what's worse, mud with boulders, which can happen anytime, or lava from a very quiet ancient volcano.  Death toll is up to 17 with an additional 17 still missing, seriously bad, worst I've ever seen.
It takes a quiver to do that.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 07:31:34 PM »
As for the 'safe tires', I'm pretty sure these are the same tires where one developed a bit of a pimple, which later exploded. But, yeah, they're safe enough to shuttle a downwinder.

Foah new tires. I be stylin'.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 06:01:58 AM »
is weed legal?
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 03:33:35 PM »
Define legal. If you mean readily available and no one gives a shit, then yes. Currently medical, but rec isn't far away.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 04:33:44 PM »
Getting pot on Maui was incredibly easy thru the 90's and into the early 00's when I was frequently there.  I had a pony tail, still do, and that seemed to be all it took.  I'd have guys come up to me and say in a low voice "bud?" or "paca lolo?".  I'd say "where you at?", and if it was close by, in the daytime, and only close by, like pointing out a car in the parking lot, the deal would be done, if it was really bud, almost always was.  I could have easily been a narc, and busted their asses, they had to know who looked "cool", but still.  The old Hi-Tech parking lot worked, as well as just off the main street in Lahaina.  I even scored in the Safeway parking lot in Hahului one time, one of the better grocery runs.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:53:34 PM by Weasels wake »

othpaddler

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 06:59:35 PM »
 I have lived in east Honolulu (between Diamond Head and Koko Head) since I was 15 (except for 3 years in Cali for grad school).  The cost of living here is steep, no doubt.  But if you can afford it, IMHO, Hawaii is one of the greatest places to live in the world.  The weather can't be beat, there is great surf year around, there is a an abundance of awesome hikes and other outdoor activities and, last but no least, the people are the greatest; warm, tolerant and generous. 

That said, moving here to retire could be daunting not only due to the expense but also because mainland retirees may feel socially isolated as the local community has countless ties to one another going back decades if not generations. That said, I have run into a number of retirees from the mainland in the surf break who couldn't be happier that they now live in Hawaii.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 07:58:54 PM »
Getting pot on Maui was incredibly easy thru the 90's and into the early 00's when I was frequently there.  I had a pony tail, still do, and that seemed to be all it took.  I'd have guys come up to me and say in a low voice "bud?" or "paca lolo?".  I'd say "where you at?", and if it was close by, in the daytime, and only close by, like pointing out a car in the parking lot, the deal would be done, if it was really bud, almost always was.  I could have easily been a narc, and busted their asses, they had to know who looked "cool", but still.  The old Hi-Tech parking lot worked, as well as just off the main street in Lahaina.  I even scored in the Safeway parking lot in Kahului one time, one of the better grocery runs.
I hate it that you can't go back and fix a typo after a certain amount of time, on the same day.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:00:55 PM by Weasels wake »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal