Author Topic: And now Izzy is leaving Starboard  (Read 8767 times)

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: And now Izzy is leaving Starboard
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2018, 07:37:10 AM »
Surf4Food, the Hudson runs down the west side of Manhattan. You were on the east side, and the waterway there, between Manhattan and Brooklyn is the East River. The waterway between Manhattan and the Bronx is called the Harlem River. It's all academic though because its all the Hudson system. The water runs back and forth between them with some seriously wicked tides!

Thanx Ichabod.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 07:06:27 AM »
i cant pop up due to a hip that will someday be replaced---sup allows me to surf--my prone day are over, tho might be i can pop up once i finally let them chop my hip

i surf rockaway LB and monmouth locally--rarely ever see another sup at rock or LB, some thing i like much--locals know me and know i am reasonable--sorry, but if sups paddle out and approach me, i move on to the next peak-but that happens rarely, like a couple times a year--i worry that, if sups see me having a nice time, it'll attract others--so far no prob---and it matters---i surf peaks that are often crowded--you inject 5 or 6 sups into that and shit goes south........

monmouth i see more sups in the surf--tho often i am the only one, and if there are others, might be one or two

the fact that all these spots are short inteval windswell beachbreaks, with cold water and air temps most of the year, filters out the less committed and skilled

the industry?? no clue where it's been or where it's going--might be like skating which goes in and out of vogue on a 10 or 15 year cycle/

'member the jay adams stacy peralta tony alva days?
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2018, 06:58:41 PM »

eDUBz

• Sunset Status