Author Topic: Hey Stoneaxe, here are some pictures of my stone axes  (Read 1870 times)

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Hey Stoneaxe, here are some pictures of my stone axes
« on: March 01, 2009, 08:51:32 AM »

Hey Stoneaxe, here a couple of pictures of mine. My father found these when he was a young boy, probably around 1920, in Southern Illinois. He said he’d go to a small island near his town, (Huron, Illinois) and dig for arrowheads and that the area is now underwater because they damned the river and made a lake.   I also have his arrow head collection. 

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 09:25:37 AM by Admin »

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Hey Stoneaxe, here are some pictures of my stone axes
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 09:50:15 AM »
Very, very cool. Amazing when you think about what was done with them. The workmanship of the ones I was shown that were part of a burial site behind my property was amazing. Axe heads, spear heads and atlatls (sp) all highly polished and the heads were still very sharp. Most of the farm families around me have a collection of stone axes spears and arrow heads.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Shnoover

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Stoneaxe, here are some pictures of my stone axes
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 08:22:31 PM »
One of my dad's best friends (known to us as "Uncle David") was big into the Atl-atls (or is adl-adl?).  He did demo's at local native american fest's in Santa Cruz and got to the point where he hunted pigs from the ground with them.  Amazing tool, but took some serious skill to hunt something that will eat you too..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal