Author Topic: ZANE SCHWEITZER  (Read 4128 times)

BrownSugah

• Malibu Status
  • Like Pahhtay wit me ?
    • View Profile
    • Email
ZANE SCHWEITZER
« on: December 29, 2017, 04:02:39 PM »
Is zane hawaiian at all ? I heard an interview where he was trying to learn hawaiian and was talking about "his" culture and I thought his family was all california people ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecdXaCetBv0
ALOHA

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: ZANE SCHWEITZER
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 04:45:39 PM »
I doubt it, but he's doing a great job embodying the Aloha spirit and enlightening the masses about the beautiful history of Hawaii. He rips, he's having fun, and he's a good kid who's spent most of his life as a waterman on Maui.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 05:06:53 PM »
You can't pull this stuff off unless you have Hawaiian pedigree. 

The combination of SUP, Windsurf, Surf shortboard & longboard, Big-wave, probably Kite and winning the ultimate waterman among other things.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 05:55:21 PM »
Super sweet videos! I always thought the young and talented ripper was from CA. But I really know nothing of his background. I like all the HI words and terms they are teaching. "Wili Wili"! I think that language is probably my second favorite after Spanish. Try singing "Aloha Oe" sometime! I can never get through it all the way! That is one of the most beautiful and soulful songs ever.
...and I always wondered what "Pono" meant. Seems just right.  :)

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:01:02 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

gladwell4

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 07:37:40 PM »
Zane is a Maui Boy, born & bred. Family exudes Hawaiianess and Pono. Simply wonderful family. Grandfather co creator of windsurfing, Mom and Dad Champions in their own right. Grew up / competed with Connor and Kai. Zane has just released a book "Beneath the Surface"
https://www.amazon.com/Beneath-Surface-Zane-Kekoa-Schweitzer/dp/1532355289/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514604981&sr=8-1&keywords=beneath+the+surface+zane
Well worth the time.
Kings Crossover - Custom
Starboard Whopper Extra
Starboard Avanti Carbon
Kaholo 14

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 04:44:46 PM »
Last year while I was visiting a friend who lives in Zane's neighborhood, we ran into him at Launiupoko beach. I introduced myself and my friend and we talked a bit, super friendly kid. He had that wooden Alaia with him and I asked him about it. He said he found a fallen tree in the hills behind his house so he dragged the trunk home and made it himself. Pretty cool!

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 06:15:01 PM »
His cool dude ;)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 09:28:02 PM »
Every time I see Zane I just laugh. He's so full of life. Great guy. And Diane loves to feed him, She knows most of the Maui kids by their dessert preference. Connor is "Three Berry Cobbler". Zane is "everything".
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 11:36:51 PM »
He does my friend’s head in on Instagram. He keeps following him then when my friend follows back then Zane ditches him.....and so it goes on.  ;D

Cardiff Kook

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 07:15:30 AM »
He does my friend’s head in on Instagram. He keeps following him then when my friend follows back then Zane ditches him.....and so it goes on.  ;D

Instagram Bot... Your friend probably uses simple hashtags like #standuppaddle right? Zane's bot looks for those tags, follows, then unfollows.

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 07:43:04 AM »
Super sweet videos! I always thought the young and talented ripper was from CA. But I really know nothing of his background. I like all the HI words and terms they are teaching. "Wili Wili"! I think that language is probably my second favorite after Spanish. Try singing "Aloha Oe" sometime! I can never get through it all the way! That is one of the most beautiful and soulful songs ever.
...and I always wondered what "Pono" meant. Seems just right.  :)

Both Zane and is dad Matt (one of the earliest windsurfing stars) are born and raised in Maui.  Matt's dad Hoyle (co inventor of modern windsurfing along with Jim Drake) was originally from California.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 07:48:53 AM by surf4food »

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 07:50:38 AM »

Instagram Bot... Your friend probably uses simple hashtags like #standuppaddle right? Zane's bot looks for those tags, follows, then unfollows.

Probably......totally useless growing your feed that way unless you want no interaction.....but guess that won’t worry him. I’ll not tell him.....as he reckons Zane likes his pics.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal