Author Topic: Thaksgiving Downwind  (Read 1564 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Thaksgiving Downwind
« on: November 23, 2017, 05:01:34 PM »
Did a morning DW with Bill, Gregg, Steven and Jacy. Wind was wickedly offshore in spots but smoking all the way. What a blast. In the crossed up super windy section from the cove to Sorrentos I fell a bunch of times, and got clobbered in the face with my board on surfacing one time, even though I came up with my arm out to fend off. Rang my bell a bit, and made me bite my tongue. Takes forever to get back up with the brace on, but there was enough wind to get the board flying before I staggered up, which does wonders for stability.

That kind of crossed-up, crazy shit is just so much fun, especially when you're blasting across it, bouncing and twisting, hammering to stay in the bump. Big grins from everyone, including Jacy who was on a 14 fin board. She stayed well inside--good plan--but got plenty of bumps, the water was whitecaps and big drops right to the sand.

Very thankful we went. Happy day you turkeys.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Muskoka SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Thaksgiving Downwind
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 05:16:52 PM »
Nice.  Now go zone out on the tryptophan..   ;D
It ain't over until the fat board sinks....

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thaksgiving Downwind
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 09:13:10 PM »
Glad you got back in the water Pono. I'm still recovering from my rib injury. It sucks too because we've had some great paddling weather. Light off shores, warm Santa Ana's, and pure glass. Here's a picture from this evening at my sister's house. My kids are playing Frisbee on the beach and a couple of guys are fishing off their sups. 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal