Author Topic: Finally all Foils available  (Read 7155 times)

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
Finally all Foils available
« on: November 09, 2017, 04:08:56 AM »
Foils starting to flow in got the new Slingshot 7-8 Sup Air Strike Sup with the H2 & H4 Foils , plus new Fanatic/North monster wing that tore out of my board , lucky to get it back off the bottom of the ocean. Swapped out my Naish from 55cm to 70cm mast to help run through those deep troughs. Traded in my original Kai Go Fol for the new Go Foil foil triple pack Kai , Iwa , & 200 Maliko all change out on same mast . Arrives in 2 weeks. Plus testing out the new Lift 150 & 170 sq" that rock. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:30:30 AM by Piros »
Von Piros Productions
Land Behind, Fish Below, Stories Ahead

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Finally all Foils available
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:38:33 AM »
I'd like to see Tuttle boxes go away, I think mast tracks make more sense, but purpose-built foil boards will compensate for the design limitations rather than switching to a better solution. Inertia that comes all the way from windsurfing boards that already had a Tuttle and a lot of strength. 
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 09:44:23 AM »
Foils starting to flow . . . .

Piros what is up!!!  You're a hard guy to keep up with. 

These Foils are flowing from where?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:52:48 AM by Beasho »

supuk

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 09:49:02 AM »
nice how was the fanatic going till the detachment?

exiled

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 12:49:20 PM »
I'd like to hear some reviews on the Slingshot since we know the price point is nice.

p06781

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 03:00:50 PM »
I'd like to hear some reviews on the Slingshot since we know the price point is nice.
  +1

eDUBz

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 08:15:45 PM »
Nice foil collection. What construction is that board? One of my
customers wrecked his foil board Naish Sandwich construction and my
Tuttle box install held up only cracked the box and he bent his mast.

Here’s a Kite foil board I’m fixing. Routed out the boxes and Made a PVC block super reinforced

Stretch PVC Kite foil board

@rf.boardworks

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 05:06:52 AM »
dubzy---pls open an east coast operation---or do franchises!
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

thatdeonguy

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 04:40:16 PM »
Please share your Slingshot Airstrike experience.
With 145 liters, I am hoping that my 200 lbs will be able to catch small waves.
Deon

daswusup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 06:56:43 AM »
I have the slingshot foil pictured above and it works great. I have about 10 or so surf sessions on it and some 8 mph kite sessions. I also have the kite front wing. It comes with 3 different mast sizes. It has been fun switching between sports and swapping out between different wings and masts and sliding it up and back on the track to see what works. The wings are made of prepreg carbon and seem really durable. Its about 2x heavier than the gofoil but also 1/2 the cost. The weight has not been an issue. Kiting in 8 mph wind on the big wing is a trip. There aren't even whitecaps and the thing just pops right up on foil. Once im up, I'm able to create just enough apparent wind speed to keep the kite powered. Next add-on is a bungee so I can launch it in a lake like the freaky french dude. All I do as of late is jones for ways to ride foils. My wife already hates foiling.  ;D

I would recommend the ultra versatile Slingshot system to anyone looking to get the jones started on the cheap.
They also have another larger batwing for downwinders and surfing that I am probably going to have to get.

Maybe some day when I rip like Kai, I will get a lighter all carbon setup.

I have not tried the Airstrike, but I did get to fondle one. Seems like good construction and a good bump catcher. I bought the Slingshot Simulator which is touted as an intro kitefoil board and can also be used to prone paddle into surf. The construction is beautiful with a soft top and edges.

Stev0

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 04:35:03 PM »
Late to the party , but I've been foiling a Slingshot airstrike 7'8" for the past couple of months. I love it.
The board is pretty light for its volume and well finished. No bells or whistles - just the double us box foil track. It is built for one thing only : SUP Foiling.  I've been SUP surfing for 10 years now and know a thing or two about board shapes - I wouldn't dream of trying to SUP surf this even if it had fin boxes. The volume distribution is spot on - hugely thick tail rails which allows the board to pick up waves extremely early  - BEFORE THEY START BREAKING - which is the whole reason you're foiling - you don't want to get involved with steep waves until you really know what you're doing and can cope with the terror of plunging down a step face with no option but to drive your front foot down. Having caught the wave it pops up easily and immediately feels small and light - but that is the foiling sensation. Plenty of nose rocker - I rarely nose dive ( unless I was stupid enough to pick up a very steep wave ( see above), but do a lot of "touch downs" which rarely result in a fall since the nose doesn't bury.
I have been struggling with kitefoiling , but have made real progress every session SUP foiling with this board, and can get the occasional long, controlled flights down the line. As a result I'm totally addicted and haven't got my collection of SUPs out of the shed since I bought it.
I've got the slingshot 24" mast and it all works a treat with the big infinity wing ( it originally came with the H2 , but I think this is too small for the small bumps I'm hunting down)

SURFFOILS

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2018, 10:52:14 PM »
I'd like to see Tuttle boxes go away, I think mast tracks make more sense, but purpose-built foil boards will compensate for the design limitations rather than switching to a better solution. Inertia that comes all the way from windsurfing boards that already had a Tuttle and a lot of strength.

+1 Bill. The Tuttle needs to go.

container

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 09:53:20 AM »

+1 Bill. The Tuttle needs to go.

thats a bit brash isnt it? just install the box correctly and there is no issue? its not hard to get the box in the right place if you know how to ride a foil and know what you want from the board. no need for tracks and no added drag of that big dirty plate on the bottom of the board

Dialy

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 12:47:51 PM »
After owning both track and Tuttle setups, I am a Tuttle proponent. Yesterday, my 5'6" Kalama production sup foil board and my GoFoil Maliko 200 (with 29.5" Tuttle mast) were caught in some nasty shore break over 2 ft of water. After being slammed for half a dozen waves, I thought the damage would be horrible. Not a scratch! From previous experience, I know that a track mount would have been ripped apart.
 My Kalama board has both mount options. Why not just keep it that way? I personally wouldn't take the chance any more with a track mount on a sup foil board but different strokes for different folks...

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 02:32:07 PM »
My Kalama board has both mount options. Why not just keep it that way?

Weight. Almost 1 full pound heavier installing both.

Don’t throw either system under the bus because a manufacturer did a half baked installation.

The mounting war is over adjustability versus board weight. Everything else is just noise.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal