Author Topic: Tuttle plus track mount in one?  (Read 1757 times)

madeinsantacruz

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tuttle plus track mount in one?
« on: November 03, 2017, 02:53:56 PM »
Had a customer request this set up.  This is a guy with a quiver of foils who wants the ability to quickly swap out between different mounting systems.  I know you can buy adapters to switch between Tuttle or track mount for the foil itself but just curious if this is also a viable solution and if anyone else is doing it.

MISC

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Tuttle plus track mount in one?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 04:57:12 PM »
I did it on the L41 that I'm taking to Maui. Used a Gofoil Tuttle cartridge trimmed down between two mast tracks set in Div. I did the mast tracks first and Rod Parmenter used the board with a plate mount LP foil for about a month, then he unwisely left a GoFoil Tuttle hanging around in my shop. Looks pretty much like what you're doing. I did a layer of carbon rail to rail about 6 inches longer than the tracks.

After the GoFoil addition, I did two layers of carbon between the tracks and a layer of 4oz to sand since I didn't bag it, and reinforced the top under the pad with two layers of carbon about twice the size of the Tuttle brick. I've seen pictures of Tuttle foil mounts where the whole thing shot right up through the board. I don't need that kind of surprise.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 05:03:53 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal