Author Topic: World Wide Lineup Day - Surfing Together - Video  (Read 9132 times)

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
World Wide Lineup Day - Surfing Together - Video
« on: October 11, 2017, 12:57:05 PM »
A dream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KL14Lkrb6s

Curious to hear any experiences with this?  What is your dream surf setup?  Any pre 1950 experiences?  Pioneered a surf break and how did it feel when more people started to show up?
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
Re: World Wide Lineup Day - Surfing Together - Video
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 02:22:23 PM »
I'm so glad that I live and surf in New Hampshire.

I've been living here all my life and surfing NH and Maine for over four years now. Not once have I witnessed any verbal disrespect or anger between surfers no matter what type of craft they are riding. I'm sure it happens once in a while but it's not common by any means. Surfing gets plenty crowded here in the summer and even in winter when the waves are good. Even so, if anyone started yelling obnoxious remarks, they would stand out and look like an idiot.

I've been amazed over and over at how welcoming, polite and understanding all the surfers are here. Many times back when I was a total beginner and made mistakes, someone would paddle over to me and kindly explain to me the etiquette.

There are two or three choice spots that are for experts only and that's perfectly understandable because there is only room at those places for a small group of locals. If you went there and were not welcome, they simply wouldn't let you have any waves. No problem. There are plenty of other great spots nearby. 

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:36:31 PM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal