Author Topic: Peeing in your wetsuit.  (Read 10002 times)

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Peeing in your wetsuit.
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2017, 04:55:43 AM »
my 4/3 and my 5.5/4 are basically dry--i wont piss in em, and i time things carefully to avoid---shorties or my leaky sieve 3/2?? no prob

dry--no way--i wont live in the piss--and water's too cold to rinse through--so you piss you rash up and stink til a shower at home--no interest
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Roundhouse

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 01:17:47 PM »
One way valves for diving drysuits work well but getting the external cathidor off without the glue doing permanent damage is a bitch.

I find urge to go is greatly reduced not sitting in the cold water while sweeping compared to crawling.
Naish Nalu, Mana, Glide & Cannibal Assassin

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2017, 07:50:03 PM »
My 9 year old loves her new wetsuit...her first one.

She pees in it before she hits the water...and tells everyone too!

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2017, 08:31:21 PM »
My first time wearing a wetsuit was pretty embarrassing, it did feel like I was walking around in public like a fetishist of some kind.

I guess the pee thing just confirms it.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2017, 09:06:19 AM »
Heck yeah I pee in my wetsuit, that's why they all smell faintly of coffee.
When I was a sea kayak guide in Patagonia, we frequently practiced the golden arc, where you get as close to one side of the boat as possible, pinch the tip to build up pressure and arc it over the side, then shake it out in a bilge sponge. Only problem is my pillow, which was just my long underwear crammed into a stuff sack, always smelled faintly of coffee.
The white water guys claimed they took it one level further performing the "golden lasso" while river paddling.
Then there was my buddy who, when we'd get stormed in and have to spend a lot of time in the tent, would use his Nalgene bottle as a pee bottle. The first clear morning he'd  rinse it out in the ocean, fill it up in a nearby river, and keep going like nothing had happened.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:10:18 AM by johnysmoke »
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

SUPlime

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2017, 06:19:18 PM »
I have teens and pre-teen daughters and we surf with them and their friends. I provide all the gear, boards, wetsuits, everything. So I know a lot about cleaning piss out of wetsuits. I have been using a kiddie pool and warm water hose-bib, soaking and rinsing.

The ultimate for having to pee and not being able to is when I used to use a float tube and waders for trout fishing in lakes. Have any of you done that? Sitting upright with constant water pressure on your guts is a recipe for having to piss. Couple that with being in cold water, and you get a lot of calf and hamstring cramps. Here is a tale I have shared on the internet about 12 years ago:

Was in a float tube on a small trout lake and as usual, had to piss. I started kicking to shore, and got cramps in my calves. I had to keep stopping, or slowing and making headway was taking forever. This lake was pretty marshy and there are only small sections of good beach, I decided that there was no way I was going to make it to the good beach (gravelly bottom that you can walk out of) so I would try and get out in a marshy section. I got to about knee deep water, stood up, unbuckled the stripping basket (front part of float tube), and bunched my waders. As I started to piss I noticed I was about thigh deep, then I realized that my wader top or dick bottom was only about 3" from the water surface and it was getting closer! I still don't know if I was sinking or I was raising the level of the lake with all that coffee I had drunk, but I did know that the stream wasn't ending and I had about 3 seconds to choose whether I took on water or pulled everything back into the waders and pulled them up.

I chose to pull back rather than get soaked. So, I was pinchin' it and struggling to get my flippered feet out of the muck and seaweed to get closer to shore when a wave of calm came over me. . . I tubed the lake with pissed pants, got a rash, and swore I would never let my kids' diapers be over full at any point in their lives. I took a quick lower body bath at the take out and wore my REI capilene under shirt upside down (like crotchless MC Hammer pants) with my wading belt holding them up to make the 2 mile walk back to the car. My bud would turn around on the trail, and just start laughing.

Hahahahahahaha

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
B-Walnut
Today at 10:20:25 AM
foiled again
Today at 07:32:24 AM