Author Topic: Kai Lenny film free for a couple of days  (Read 5549 times)

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Kai Lenny film free for a couple of days
« on: October 04, 2017, 10:48:17 AM »
If you haven't been able to make a premiere of "Paradigm Lost" Red Bull TV has it streaming for FREE for only a couple days on RedBull.TV! Enjo

https://www.redbull.tv/video/AP-1R1A2397W1W11/paradigm-lost

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Kai Lenny film free for a couple of days
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 11:24:39 AM »
Cool.....I'll stream it tonight. Thanks for the heads up.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 12:33:47 PM »
Good video, he excels at all water sports and this hilites that

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 01:08:01 PM »
Was it any good?

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 04:47:07 PM »
Was it any good?

That  depends  on  if  you  like  seeing  a extrordinary waterman  ride exceptional  waves  on all  types  of  wave  riding  vehicles 

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 05:49:59 PM »
Was it any good?

That  depends  on  if  you  like  seeing  a extrordinary waterman  ride exceptional  waves  on all  types  of  wave  riding  vehicles
No story just that?  Unfortunately we see it in the flesh here so having to sit somewhere and watch is hard duty.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 06:15:37 PM »
I unfortunately did not watch it...so no idea. I was a bit disappointed in The SUP Movie they did through kickstarter. It is amazing to watch the skill but I can get that on youtube.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

outcast

• Peahi Status
  • Ambassador for Nihilistic Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 06:22:59 PM »
the cinematography and editing was pretty good...worth the watch....i think the PoorBoyz had a hand in it? or was that something else i saw lately?

i didn't like the primary surfing marketing appeal...all the other genres were  treated as gratuitous:  windsurfing kiting padding.foiling.....i get that that's where RedBull market is and it's the only "PURE"  form.   Don't recall a longboard, and nah the story wasn't really there

SUP the movie was better though..storyline: friendship and travel fun....this was more about skill set...the Paradigm Lost theme was supposed to show that it ain't what you ride....but ....it failed in that way

Drone footage is here to stay though, and that you can't get while on the water...the perspectives are pretty cool 

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:28:41 PM by outcast »
Too many for the rack
Some in the shack
Some under decks
Some have straps

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 06:39:28 PM »
There was less story and travel than in the SUP Movie? (Poorboyz did that too)
Bob

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 07:18:29 PM »
Was it any good?

No story just that?  Unfortunately we see it in the flesh here so having to sit somewhere and watch is hard duty.

I know what you mean. My self, I'd rather do than watch, but it is free and you can fast forward all you want. I enjoyed it but probably won't watch it again.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 08:25:12 PM »
There was minimal story, I agree. It's weird that at this point they are still telling Kai's story over and over. Next film needs some travel and more purpose.

But it's great to see him go and I loved it. I'm not as mad about the focus. I think his challenge is to be seen as a "real" surfer but we need to remember that SUP wasn't his starting point and it most likely won't be his end point. It's a dot on the graph.

I loved the kite and windsurf footage, as I haven't really seen as much of that and seeing all the pro surfers get on foils and act like kids was fun. Nothing sadder than when a passion becomes work and the tour seems like a grind a lot of the time.

Next time, keep the shooters and even the editors but hire a good story producer and they will make an even better one.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 08:07:01 AM »
I  liked  that  they  pointed  out  that  a bunch  of  windsurfers  moved  to  the  north  side  of  maui  in  the  80s. Their  kids  grew  up  there  doing  all the  water  sports  and  are now the waterman  stars .

JEG

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 03:56:36 PM »
I reckon if we move to Maui you'll do some watersports or the lot like Kai.

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 04:13:43 PM »
Was it any good?

I know what you mean. My self, I'd rather do than watch, but it is free and you can fast forward all you want. I enjoyed it but probably won't watch it again.

Was actually very hard duty for me.  Watched a bit at the beginning then did the FF skip and view for a few seconds at a time.  Then said enough of that.  Real nice footage on some waves -> but kinda got bored pretty quick.  So off and went paddling.  That was a lot better for sure.
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 04:19:08 PM »
I'm surprised people are commenting now that the video is gone.

I will say "It was Excellent"

Probably some of the best surf / waterman cinematography ever.  Great budget, great content.

Given the current passion for Foiling here is the foil segment.  If there is anything that Kai may be eventually associated with it will likely be the low speed adaptation of foils to surfing.

Dave Kalama and Laird tried with big waves and jet-skis.  Too bad the potential audience was ~ 12 people.  This will be much more impactful:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal