Author Topic: HyperNut BC vs. Kazuma Tanto  (Read 2913 times)

dns

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
HyperNut BC vs. Kazuma Tanto
« on: October 04, 2017, 10:33:32 AM »
Any reviews by people that have ridden both boards? There are one of each up for sale that I'm looking at putting a foil on. Both are 7'4" and 105-6L. FWIW I'm 88kg (195lb in old money) and currently paddle a Speeed at 112l and 27 3/4 wide so I think the stability will be OK.

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HyperNut BC vs. Kazuma Tanto
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 02:07:08 PM »
Can only speak to the 7'4 HN which I own.  I fluctuate between 205 and 215 and without a wetsuit with above average ability have no problem on the HN when not very choppy so you should be good at 195

exiled

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 02:53:33 PM »
I've ridden both, but I'm not sure surf performance matters much if you are going to put a foil on it. The Kazuma doesn't have a channel on it, so it might be an easier foil install.

supthecreek

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 03:00:54 PM »
Having seen both, my memory says the HN is a bit thicker in the middle than the Tanto, which may be something to consider if you are cutting in a box for the foil.
I could be wrong on this but wanted to bring it up.

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 06:27:33 PM »
Something to consider is the 2017 Carbon 7'4 Hypernut and 2018 7'4 Hypernut in all constructions comes with a deep tuttlebox already installed for the foil so if the HN you are considering doesn't have the tuttle, may be worth looking for a clearance 2017 carbon or getting the 2018 in your desired construction. 

I owned the 2017 Carbon 7'4 for about a month and love it with the foil and for straight paddle surfing.  It is stable for me at my weight of 185lbs and I love the fact that it could be used to foil or surf.  In the waves it is very fun--because of the short size I have to catch waves much deeper than I am used to but once on the wave it is highly maneuverable.  I have not surfed the Tanto, but have surfed a Kazuma 9'2 and he makes a nice board!  The Tanto does look like it might have more rocker than the Hypernut so something else to think about when installing the foil.

805StandUp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 06:24:32 AM »
Something to consider is the 2017 Carbon 7'4 Hypernut and 2018 7'4 Hypernut in all constructions comes with a deep tuttlebox already installed for the foil so if the HN you are considering doesn't have the tuttle, may be worth looking for a clearance 2017 carbon or getting the 2018 in your desired construction. 

I owned the 2017 Carbon 7'4 for about a month and love it with the foil and for straight paddle surfing.  It is stable for me at my weight of 185lbs and I love the fact that it could be used to foil or surf.  In the waves it is very fun--because of the short size I have to catch waves much deeper than I am used to but once on the wave it is highly maneuverable.  I have not surfed the Tanto, but have surfed a Kazuma 9'2 and he makes a nice board!  The Tanto does look like it might have more rocker than the Hypernut so something else to think about when installing the foil.

Completely unrelated, but somehow I ended up with a link to three unrelated amazon products in my post above.  Hovering over the text says it was added by "Viglink"...

dns

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 02:54:29 PM »
Hovering over the text says it was added by "Viglink"...

Go install these 2 add ons to block that malware.

https://www.eff.org/privacybadger

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal