Author Topic: 2018 Infinity Production Lineup  (Read 28239 times)

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Infinity Production Lineup
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 07:32:13 AM »
Sounds exciting ...

Pics, or it didn't happen!

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 11:59:06 AM »
From what I've seen, the Blackfish bottom saw major change from last year. the channel seem to be gone
so is the rounded front section, instead a sharp concave running throughout the board flattening towards the tail,
somewhat similar to 2017 All Star. I'm pleased he kept the lower volume of the board.

Also nose seem a little bit more refined.
in progress...

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 04:26:57 AM »
Sounds exciting ...

Seriously another jackass with nothing better to contribute. Another reason why the zone is starting to suck.... not everyone on the zone is a Kook with a camera and posts a zillion pics ! Ever think that Kayadogg was not allowed to take any pictures at that event? But thanks Yugi for proving a point about contributing comments to a thread that started with great stoke about some new boards.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 05:26:27 AM »
Sounds exciting ...

Seriously another jackass with nothing better to contribute. Another reason why the zone is starting to suck.... not everyone on the zone is a Kook with a camera and posts a zillion pics ! Ever think that Kayadogg was not allowed to take any pictures at that event? But thanks Yugi for proving a point about contributing comments to a thread that started with great stoke about some new boards.

PDLSFR, what are you on about?

Maybe, just like me, you already saw whatever there is to see from Infinity. If that wasn't the case, this thread
would be a frustrating clickbait with no f*ucking climax.
in progress...

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 06:08:04 AM »
My point is that Kayadogg started this thread with stoke and excitement about what is coming from infinity and yet typical zoner bullshit about oh no pics then it aint true ends up on the thread, can’t someone post their excitement about something without a bunch of asshats thinking they are comedians posting stupid comments essentially ruining the stoke of the discussion?

Its just to bad some zoners feel the need to comment just to comment and ruin the threads, it happens on almost every discussion topic on the zone now, this site used to be about sharing stoke, ideas, board discussions, etc., now its full of people just trying making dumb comments or trying to be funny and failing miserably or their comments simply turn the post into a negative. If someone new came onto this site and read some of the comments from some folks they’d probably think those people where assholes, maybe I’m just old school and follow the old saying if you dont have anything nice to say or contribute then shit the f**k up and I’m more than happy to stick up for friends anytime anywhere which is why I posted what I did, again John’s post was a positive message and yet the clowns that maybe where not spanked enough as a kid with just a pure lack of respect for other peoples comments need to hear from other people that those types of comments simply aren’t necessary and as I said are useless except maybe other than to show the zoners level of maturity and class.

Comment what you want about my making these comments but my true zoner friends know who I am, what I contribute, and what I’ve accomplished as a paddler and surfer. Someone has to finally say something about the crap people comment or post.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 06:48:22 AM »
Its just to bad some zoners feel the need to comment just to comment and ruin the threads...

I totally agree with you and I hate it just much, not in this case though.

When I see a title like "2018 Infinity Production Lineup" followed by a very seductive marketing spiel,
I sure as hell want to see some pics, and as you can clearly see, I'm not alone on that.

Also, to touch on your point about new users coming to the Zone, this thread does disservice to the zone.
If you look up this title or similar in google, the zone will popup pretty high on the search results, which is
the case on many subjects (Admin, you must like that  ;D) so if I was to follow that link and get onto a
thread with just a bunch of folks rambling-on with nothing to show for, that would be my impression from this
site.
in progress...

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 02:04:44 PM »
Hmm. I reread KDOGS initial post. Will tell more when I can.

Have we all become so ADD ADHD instant gratification oriented that a verbal presentation of new things, which will be presented in detail later, is slammed with the - no pics didn't happen mantra. Photoshop clearly has changed the veracity of any picture, and I never surfed in 65 as no one bothered to take pictures.

Back in the day pictures were for hodads and looks.

While this is no longer the case, I was not offended or upset by KDOGS post. Even I knew about the DW boards, the dugouts, and some other new developments.

I reacted with pleasant anticipation rather than dissatisfaction over the lack of photographic evidence.

But I am an old pharte. Sure seems like there is lot of buzz about phones, cars, and stuff before photos though..

And the general tone of replies, some not all, seems to descend into places that do not interest me at all.
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2017, 07:22:50 PM »
Let’s get this thread back on track. Never meant this to be considered a click bait thread. I said pics and details to follow. I wanted to talk to Dave first to make sure it was ok to put some images out there. I was excited about what I saw. I figured I would start a thread and build on it as more was revealed.

There’s going to be some slight modifications to the Blackfish and Whiplash from what was displayed last weekend. He told me today that they’ve had a lot of wind lately and the Downtown models were killing it!

Here’s some pics in the meantime. Apologize if they aren’t the greatest but PM me if you have questions about a specific model.

Luc Benac

• Teahupoo Status
  • Super Natural British Columbia
    • View Profile
    • When not paddling...
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 07:29:21 PM »
The bottom of the Whiplash is totally unexpected.
Sunova Allwater 14'x25.5" 303L Viento 520
Sunova Torpedo 14'x27" 286L Salish 500
Naish Nalu 11'4" x 30" 180L Andaman 520
Sunova Steeze 10' x 31" 150L
Blackfish Paddles

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2017, 07:38:16 PM »
The bottom of the Whiplash is totally unexpected.

Yeah, it’s wild.  It sure if it will be the exact same once they hit production.

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 08:41:57 AM »
Couple more pics of the Downtown. This model will be offered in a flat deck version and a dugout version.

Rideordie

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 12:16:10 PM »
Wow!!  Radical changes and a new board with two deck options!!   Sweet!!  8)
2021 SIC RS 14 x 24.5
Naish Glide 14 (v2)
SIC X-14 SCC  
KeNalu Konihi 95 xTuf(s)
KeNalu Mana 90 100 Flex

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 01:12:48 PM »
Sounds exciting ...

PDLSFR,
I'm here to logically defend the posts of those that say "pics or it didn't happen" in a respectful and (hopefully) informative manner. I have no ill will toward you or them, I am, shall we say, the "ref" in this event, and will probably be heckled by both sides for my effort.  It won't be the first time that happens I assure you.

The thread, as started by Kayadogg (a solid and long time denizen of the zone) invited us to essentially get excited about the upcoming Infinity line up (I surf with their crew often at San O, and my first board in 1976 was an Infinity, aka I like these folks and am exited also about the new offerings).  However, no link or pictures were attached.  In the world of announcements on forums, it is generally accepted that this type of post either comes with pictures or a link.

I am a moderate surfer, but an avid forum junkie, and know this type of behaviour to be very common.  When a posting like this happens on say, a gaming forum, an almost immediate "pics or it didn't happen" post hits the thread to needle the OP, get some proof, and keep the buzz going.  It's generally not said with any malice,  unless you're the loser in of the game on that type of forum.  Those of us familiar with this response took it and gave it for what it was, a request for some visuals.   I certainly didn't think the few that posted it meant any harm by the comment at all, and I don't think it ruins threads (my opinion).  Trust me when I say I've seen that exact comment a thousand times, so that it's almost "Meme" worthy.  In the world of online gaming, folks have taken to recording all their activity, just to provide proof of clever kills of known top-notch players.

My hope is that we can settle down, and realize that while a comment like that may be construed as jackassery, here on the zone and in the context of this thread, it was a simple quip in the hope that pics or a link would be provided.

I also hope to some day get a chance to surf with all of you fine folk.  I have with many. This forum provides us an excellent medium for get togethers, surf trip meetups, and a potential for like-minded people to gather for some healthy fun.  It would be sad if a little misunderstanding got in the way of all that potential good aloha.  :)

(and the pics are most interesting too)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:21:28 PM by SlatchJim »

paddlejones

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2017, 02:42:10 PM »
https://issuu.com/infinitysurf./docs/infinity_catalog2018_online_singlep/1?ff=true

I am a fan of infinity & the whiplash board, happened to find this on issuu

New dugouts

A 10’ x 31” new deal looks nice 👍
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 03:00:28 PM by paddlejones »

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 12:09:46 PM »
Sounds exciting ...

Let’s get this thread back on track. Never meant this to be considered a click bait thread. I said pics and details to follow. I wanted to talk to Dave first to make sure it was ok to put some images out there. I was excited about what I saw. I figured I would start a thread and build on it as more was revealed.

Sometimes a pic is necessary to call BS.  But in this case never had that impression.  Waiting to release images seems pretty reasonable given the circumstances.  Really liked the pics in any event.  Quite interesting shapes.  Do like that Kaya put it straight out there his relationship with the brand.  Always is appreciated to keep it real.
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal