Author Topic: Streaming Webcam Video For Surfside, Tx  (Read 8690 times)

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Streaming Webcam Video For Surfside, Tx
« on: September 29, 2017, 07:04:17 AM »
Most of the upper Texas coast has small waves because the it is very shallow coming towards the beach. One can find waves that are between knee high to waist high in height with the occasional chest high wave.

There are lots of webcams for the Texas coastline, but the best waves in height are located at Surfside, Tx. The waves at Surfside are usually waist high since it gets deeper quicker than what is usually found on the upper Texas coast so the usual waves are bigger. Unfortunately, there hasn't been any webcam streaming video for Surfside. I have been searching high and low for any webcam streaming video for Surfside. My quest for this endeavor has been going on for at least 2 years. But yesterday, I struck GOLD.

I don't know if this is a new website or not, but I have not run across the Saltwater Recon site before. This site lists a few webcam streaming videos too and one of them is for Surfside. One can actually change the camera position too. Left click on the camera icon in the corner of the bottom right side of the window and if it is your turn, the position change will appear at the corner of the top of the right side window.You have one minute of time to change the camera positions.

My favorite position for this camera is the "Surfside Beach Zoom". So play around with the controls.

http://www.saltwater-recon.com/surfside-cam/
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Streaming Webcam Video For Surfside, Tx
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 11:26:57 AM »
After watching the waves build throughout the day, I've changed my mind and my favorite camera position now is the "Surfside Jetty Base".
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal