Stand Up Paddle > SUP Safety

Sup Handles can be dangerous WARNING!!!

(1/3) > >>

Supnazi:
Hey Fellow Suppers, Just got back in the water a few weeks ago, Sprained my ankle and broke my leg in big surf on one of my SUP's back in April. Got my right foot caught in the handle hole on a big drop 6ft + day. (I'm Goofy foot) twisted my ankle, bailed over the falls and the board hit me on the leg. Not a good day in the line-up. Anyways still in ankle brace when I go out. Be careful of those Handle holes... Aloha.

TallDude:
Bummer dude. The only surf sup boards I have with handles, the handles are so small I can barely get my fingers let alone toes in them. What kind of handle is it?

exiled:
This is the reason I like how the liftSUP handles cover the gap. I've only ever tweaked a pinkie toe, but most handles make me a little paranoid now.

Night Wing:
You've missed a just about all of the late Spring and Summer sup session. At least you're back on the water now. I hope when I get back on the water and it looks like it won't be anytime in 2017, I'll pay attention to my carry handle and my toes.

Thanks for the warning.

Badger:
Although the topic comes up every now and then, that's the first actual handle injury I've heard of.

I'd call it a freak accident. I don't think you need to worry about it happening again. The odds would be astronomical.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version