Author Topic: Where to learn to SUP surf in RI  (Read 2219 times)

drfierce

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where to learn to SUP surf in RI
« on: September 15, 2017, 07:45:03 AM »
I'm interesting in learning to surf on my sup and live in CT. Looks like the closes places to go are in RI. I realize that we are heading into the time of the year when conditions are above my pay grade but want to see if I can get some time in this fall. I'm a novice-- have been prone surfing a few times and have a fair amount of time paddling on the sound.

Looking at Misquamicut and Narragansett to start but welcome other suggestions.

I was wondering if you all could suggest the best places for rank beginners such as myself. Need to have parking available but happy to pay. Bonus points if you know anyone who could give me lessons or if you would be willing to do so yourself. Happy to pay for time and expertise.

Feel free to PM if you like.
Naish Odysseus 9'8
SIC Bullet 12.6 TWC
Supsports Hammer 9'5x31

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Where to learn to SUP surf in RI
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 08:02:47 AM »
Your best bet would be 1st Beach in Newport, a little further ride, but a bigger beach break meaning less crowded for learning.

As for lessons, if there are waves (usually small to epic) there are zoners that would be there surfing and paddling and we'd be more than happy to give you pointers and get you started.

If after Labor day, parking is free, if looking to do it during the summer (much smaller waves but still ok to learn, than parking is $10-$20).

Shoot me a private message and we can connect with cell #'s etc.

I'll be there almost all day tomorrow (waves will start building) and definitely all day Sun into next week as Jose is bringing us some goods !!!
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal