Author Topic: Foil Videos  (Read 256681 times)

Hdip

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Foil Videos
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2019, 09:05:15 AM »
And then he just paddles back to the lineup. What a beast. I've surfed Pacasmayo. Never been to Chicama. Which is longer?

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
« Reply #301 on: June 19, 2019, 04:51:10 PM »
I am giving 360 video another try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-kQ1o4Osk8

First time I have messed with uploading in the 360 VR format, I'm kinda digging it.
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

sharksupper

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #302 on: June 20, 2019, 07:46:43 AM »
Nice one Clay!  Out at the pit eh?  I got a 2700ft ride out there last year following the channel into the bay.

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
« Reply #303 on: June 20, 2019, 01:11:20 PM »
Nice one Clay!  Out at the pit eh?  I got a 2700ft ride out there last year following the channel into the bay.

Yeah with these winds the best option.  Buddy brought a new fishing boat with a fancy depthfinder, spooked me out seeing how deep that channel is - up to 40 feet a stones through from the break, no wonder the sharks are so big there!  The current was flooding hard pushing us in nonstop, I think it'd be scary to be out there on a big ebb.  For sure 2700, we flew up to 2000 feet and it was small...
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 20, 2019, 01:35:59 PM »
Sweet video clay.

Thanks for the video DJ, drooling

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #305 on: June 20, 2019, 02:30:19 PM »

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 20, 2019, 05:09:22 PM »
sweeet video DJ

sup_surf_giant

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 04, 2019, 03:47:19 PM »
Enjoying this thread!
Taller than most, shorter than others.

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
« Reply #308 on: July 11, 2019, 01:02:01 PM »
My latest attempt on the Duotone wing Foil (day 4) and some of my mate Guy at the end with a lot more time on it. It's the 4m and I'm my JP 6-8 on the new NP XL wing  & new 750 carbon mast, fun combo in the gusty conditions. Hope you enjoy, a couple of good stacks

Von Piros Productions
Land Behind, Fish Below, Stories Ahead

Keys Sup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 11, 2019, 03:24:21 PM »
Great video looks like you were having fun. Waiting for 5m Duotone and October for wind.

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #310 on: July 11, 2019, 04:09:52 PM »
Thanks Rob.. Great vid.

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #311 on: July 11, 2019, 06:29:50 PM »
Nice video Rob.
I just got a 3M Duotone wing and am waiting for enough wind to give it a try.
Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 11, 2019, 06:38:13 PM »
You were rocking that. I'm at about session 8 or 9. I had a 3M only at first, and I'd need a hurricane to get my fat ass up with that. Now I have a 4 too, and it's much better, though I really need a five. I was out in reasonable wind today and got a number of micro foil lifts but I can't just power up, I have to pump, and that gets everything a little screwy. More wind or 5M wing and I think I'll be good.

I've been using a GoFoil 280, and I think the drag is kind of limiting. I tried my Axis 1020 today and got up smoothly instead of popping up in the gusts. That will probably work well, but I need to patch the wing a bit. I hit a rock at low speed on the way in at Swell City and it hit right in the middle of my repair job. No big deal, but this wing is going to start looking like it has the measles.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
« Reply #313 on: July 11, 2019, 07:51:27 PM »
Thanks all and yes Bill it really needs pump assist to get up then another half a dozen to get it lit up if you don't have a decent breeze and really hard to do if you start switch. My advice to all in my limited time is just wait for the wind to be nuking , it's so much easier with heaps of wind. The 5m Bill does help get up but it's more of a handful and again in failing winds the wing tends to roll and you catch the bottom corner (because it's longer) and you run over it, do this a few times and it turns into a swearing fest.  ;D Again just wait for the wind , it's agony drifting around without it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 07:53:02 PM by Piros »
Von Piros Productions
Land Behind, Fish Below, Stories Ahead

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #314 on: July 12, 2019, 03:20:38 AM »
Looking great Piros! 

I am on the other side of the spectrum as Bill.  I have a 5 but no 4.  It is super fun but like you say, that extra 25% is very noticeable in terms of manageability.  This is most noticeable in large swell where there is a lot to catch on.  I have been using the 5 in everything from 12 to 30+.  When it gets to the higher side of that range it really wants to be overhead to spill wind.  That is a very extended position and it isn't as controlled to try to get foiling from there (at least for me as a new rider).  I think being nicely powered but in the range is the key.  I have been begging Ivan at SPG for a 4 meter.  My credit card is ready.  Flatter water and low current helps a lot as well.  I am sure that waiting for the right conditions is smart, but there is none of that going on here.  We are still all making solid gains and having better rides each day.  Such a fun process. 

Is that the same (water) foil that you are using for surf?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 03:58:41 AM by Admin »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal