Author Topic: Mounting a Gopro to your inflatable  (Read 7917 times)

Windwarrior

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Mounting a Gopro to your inflatable
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 05:58:35 PM »
Great ideas! I'm looking at my board right now and the only two places I could get away with would be at the tip of the board OR on the clear sheet where the carbon panel can be seen.

Btw, did anyone else cringe when he was washing the boards with the green side down?
Hala Carbon Hoss
#2? TBD!!

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 08:24:40 PM »
MicBergsma is the man when it comes to GoPro stuff.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2017, 07:45:25 AM »
Older Red boards had a rubber logo that may work with a suction cup, these days, logos are printed on. I'd go with Pono's suggestion for a board that does not feature RAM mounts or Starmounts (FCS style plug on Some Starboards).

Just to echo Julian's comments, I tried my suction cup mount on my new Red yesterday, and it would not adhere. It works fine on my old Red with the rubber logo, but not on my new board.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

Windwarrior

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 08:58:03 AM »
I'm still wondering if the tip of my board or the other section on the board is an option. Lol.

So far, nobody has chimed in to say they've used these areas yet. Maybe somebody will.

I may make some phone calls today to see what results I might get that way.

Hala Carbon Hoss
#2? TBD!!

connector14

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 09:46:07 AM »
No matter what surface you are putting a suction cup mount on,  you need to have a secondary method or "safety" backup so you will not lose your device when the suction cup fails.....which it will. I have been using a suction cup Ram mount on my hardboards and it does come loose sometimes when you least expect it. I have added some NSR glue on bungee mounts and have my gps unit tied to that so I don't lose the unit when the mount decides to slip. I do still like the Ram mount and it works fine with my Garmin GPS/Map 78sc.
"never leave the dock without your paddle"
Imagine Rocket 14 ...my new favorite, smooth and fast and lite
2018 Red Paddle 14 x 27 Elite
2014 Bark Dominator 14....smooth and quiet
2014 Imagine Connector 14...the "barge"

Windwarrior

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 09:56:55 AM »
I think I need to clarify something. When I've mounted my gopros on my sea kayak AND my jetski I've always used the gopro mounts.

On my SUP I plan on using the same mounts. I have zero intention of using a suction cup.

Here's a picture of the mount I'm talking about. The glue on these is like cement! Once on something, it aint coming off. Lol.

The picture with the two mounts you can kinds see the one on the right is slightly bowed. The other one is flat as a pancake.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:59:51 AM by Windwarrior »
Hala Carbon Hoss
#2? TBD!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal