Author Topic: Foil Spots Baja  (Read 6566 times)

Southbay

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Foil Spots Baja
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 12:44:54 PM »
Thank you SUPsports. I think I'm going to bring it, but may just shortboard.

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 02:30:14 PM »
Thank you SUPsports. I think I'm going to bring it, but may just shortboard.

Aloha Southbay,
No reason not to bring it...I would...you never know...;-)
There very well could be a swell...and, a high performance SUP or shortboard would serve you well...

Way back in the day before the massive ginormous development at the tip...we used to camp on a private beach of a family we met...under that palm tree in pic...and, there was a mysto reef that was never surfed...fun right with an iffy takeoff...lots of stinging jellyfish, though...the spot is completely gone...totally engulfed by a huge resort hotel...

Lots has changed there...but, still lots of fun and adventure to be had...never thought that I would see Los Cabos with a travel advisory...

U.S. citizens have been warned not to travel to popular Mexican tourist destinations Cancun and Los Cabos due to an uptick in drug cartel violence in the areas.

The U.S. State Department has issued travel warnings for the areas, following shootings linked to gang turf wars at the popular beach destinations for foreign visitors.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html

http://www.newsweek.com/us-holidaymakers-warend-against-visiting-mexican-tourist-hotspots-cancun-and-654916

Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 06:05:10 PM »
Dog, your wife has been putting up with you for a long time.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 08:28:50 AM »
Dog, your wife has been putting up with you for a long time.

Indeed...soulmates and travel partners since college...;-)
The bonds that we made while experiencing multiple wild west adventures and near misses down in the Baja...forged a strong relationship...you really find out what people are made of... and, whether you want them in your fox hole when the caca really hits the fan...;-)
Our relationship even withstood me teaching her how to windsurf in the Gorge...;-)
Believe me...teaching the person you sleep with...is not recommended...good thing she's occupied with horses right now and is not interested in learning to foil herself...don't think my nerves could handle it...;-)

WARDOG ®

(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 09:21:24 AM »
Deb is just great, I always enjoy seeing her. You lucked out. Took me a few tries to find a keeper. I know what you mean about not teaching anything to the one you sleep with. Diane and I were business partners first, got together quite a bit later, married about four years after starting the business. I figured if we could run a business together without her slitting my throat, that we'd be good. I don't know what the hell she was thinking.

I've never tried to teach her anything.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 09:38:18 PM »
Hopefully, they will have things back together after Lidia...substantial damage to the infrastructure at the tip...
Obviously overshadowed by the catastrophe in Houston...but, still a major dealio...

https://twitter.com/metmex/status/903353448757907457

https://www.telesurtv.net/english/multimedia/Tropical-Storm-Lidia-Hits-Northern-Mexico-20170903-0013.html

Not to mention the continued cartel mayhem...

http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-americas/la-fg-mexico-los-cabos-violence-20170901-htmlstory.html

Buena suerte y vaya con Dios...

WARDOG ®

(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal