Author Topic: Zoner Elite Status....9 Lives Minus 2  (Read 14023 times)

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Zoner Elite Status....9 Lives Minus 2
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2017, 10:14:04 PM »
Ok. Gizmo is the technical description. And I guess the wires would be localized. That sounds like an answer? No need to stand clear while it's firing. So if a lifeguard was pulling someone with an ICD out of the water, like a lifeguard is taught, and the ICD starts firing, you don't think the lifeguard would even feel a tingle?
Don't know squat about any of the technical electronics stuff, but 29 years at the FD, with 18 of those as paramedic, and having pumped on several chests that had ICDs...I can tell you that with the thin latex gloves we wore, you can't feel a thing. In fact we didn't know one was even implanted unless someone familiar with the patient told us, or until we threw the EKG monitor on them.

While the same in theory to the external defibrillators we used, according to the manufacturers that gave us in-services on them, since their wires are attached directly to the heart muscle, they only needed to deliver anywhere from 30-80 joules due to the greatly reduced resistance, where as we started at 200 joules, and worked our way up to 400, and why we needed to clear anyone from touching the patient before discharge, where chest compressions on a discharging ICD are not felt nor worrisome. Side note: when a buddy of mine discharged an external defib on a near drowning on a wet concrete pool deck, all of us kneeling next to the patient with our hands off of him felt the tingle/bite through our knees in our wet turnout pants...but it was the guy who pressed the dang button, felt it on his knees as well, freaked, and threw the paddles in the air like they were two hot potatoes thinking he had somehow managed to shock himself ;D)

Mr. Big - incredible story of probably one of the worse nightmares us floating around in the ocean could ever experience. So pleased you came out unscathed, and no worse for the wear other than maybe your nerves, and that once beautiful Kings board. Great wall-hanger though as someone else has already mentioned, and one hell of a story for sure.
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2017, 06:55:21 AM »
Inquiring minds want to know. I called the folks at the Cardiology Institute and asked for a remote down load from August 23 which was the date of my shark encounter.

They look at many things, my main concerns are maximum speed, duration, and irregular waveforms indicative of V-tach and of course any V-fib - which get you shocked.

Fascinating results. The two races I entered produced the steadiest high rate around 180 for the entire time. Since I only do short 3-5 milers no worries at all.

Gert and the Tropical Depression delivered spikes of 190-192 which is consistent with earlier data. Head and a half gets the notorious B-I-G al fired up. No funny waveforms at all and the HR doesn't stay elevated.

On the day of my Shark Initiation - from a Shamanic Perspective - the maximum was only 175 or so, no sketchy waveforms at all, but it did stay at an elevated rate much longer.

Keep training on the raceboard, keep surfing the Beeg Wans, keep racing, be aware and give thanks to the Limitness and Merciful One.

Been sniffing around on all of the Shark Men gods in indigenous cultures. My cross-cultural Div Skuhl background most curious.

Ka-moho-ali'i !!!!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 07:01:01 AM by mrbig »
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

SaMoSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2017, 07:17:29 AM »
How do they download your data? Bluetooth or do you have a USB port under your skin?

piece of 8

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2017, 06:17:48 PM »
Mr. Big, only wished I spent a little more time talking to you when I was playing my music that day, when I saw you a couple days before this encounter. Possibly, it would have been one of the last times that I would have seen you! I was at the same break all week  and I left the day  that you got hit. This is one of my favorite breaks, and I have to just keep on telling myself that it was the pacemaker and Whitey wants nothing to me... even though a 16-18 surfaced near Tim, Damian and myself last June at Cahoon Hollow. My protection is the CCBC hook, which I wear whenever I'm in the water. I was wondering why  PDLSFR wouldn't put his feet in the water during the CCBC breaks, until he told me afterwards that something big swam under is board.  Maybe we'll  earn one in the relay next year, stop this sh.t from happening... only appropriate that we played for the Chatham Sharks men's league baseball together. Glad your okay Cleve
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 06:24:39 PM by piece of 8 »

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
Today at 12:51:49 PM
post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
Today at 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard