Author Topic: Sources for hard boards in the UK.  (Read 1009 times)

Stew

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sources for hard boards in the UK.
« on: August 22, 2017, 01:45:42 PM »
So I've had a SUP for about two years. My first board was home made hollow wood board. It could have been better built and ligheter but was a first attempt of the process so there were some issues. It has done ok though and has done quite a few miles. I've since one another hollow wood build to improve the process but that was a surfboard.

Unfortunately that first board has a leak that I can't find and because I hadn't realised this it had been left wet and has some of the internal ply separating. It's on it's way out and I am on the prowl for a new board. The wife has decreed that I'm not allowed to make it and have to buy it!

Now, either I'm struggling with my google-fu or there is just a lack of hard boards out there but I don't really seem to see many options.

I'm looking at around 9' 6" due to storage. I think with a lighter board than the wooden one (anything will be lighter!!) I can probably swing(!) it to 10' or 10' 6"ish. I'm 70 kgs and moderately competent (the home made board is quite tippy so on the flip side has pushed the learning curve along)

Any help on where to look or search terms to use? I'm only really seeing Starboard, JP and Fanatic - are they the only brands really available in the uk?

Thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal