Author Topic: 2018 Bark Ghost Vapor  (Read 3139 times)

Josh

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
2018 Bark Ghost Vapor
« on: July 18, 2018, 03:51:46 PM »
Got done with a morning paddle and noticed a new 12’6” Bark Ghost Vapor in the blue color at the wash rack. I was checking out the board and the owner offered to let my give it a quick paddle so I jumped at the opportunity. My first impression was that i really like the color and lines of the board. Taking it off the rack it was balanced and a lot lighter than my old Bark 12’6”. When paddling it tracked good for a 12’6” and had a decent amount of speed (not sure what I was at since I didn’t have my gps). I didn’t get to take it out side in the open ocean but chased down a few boats to paddle through their wake. The board didn’t nose steer like I’m used to with my board which was nice. Pivot turns were easy and the board felt nice and stable. The deck pad was comfortable but my only complaint the about the entire board is that the deck pad felt very slick. I love surfing my 12’6” at Doheny and would love to give the Vapor a shot in the waves but I think I would be sliding off the board a lot. Other than that, I thought the board was awesome and like the lower profile and more rounded rails on the Vapor over the taller more box rails of the Infinity and SIC RS even though both of those boards are awesome, just personal preference.
Hopefully I will give an update if I get the board out in the waves (the owner said I can surf it if we see each other at DoHo.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Bark Ghost Vapor
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 07:38:12 PM »
Interesting review, thanks. Here’s a review of the Vapor 14, from the zone, fairly soon after it first came out:

https://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=29242.0

It’s a shame that the links to the pics don’t seem to work any more.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal