Author Topic: lovin where I'm livin  (Read 3412 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
lovin where I'm livin
« on: August 02, 2017, 04:06:41 PM »
Sunday afternoon.....we we're finishing up some yard work and Sue says..."want to go for a paddle?"....5 mins later we're on the water. Launched on the backside of the Long beach and paddled 3 miles of glass to the point. 1,000's of terns and plovers...a very aggressive pair of big gulls (nest nearby?), egrets, ospreys diving. A bunch of big cruisers, some fishing boats and the P'town ferry pass by in a flurry of late afternoon activity.....fun catching glides in the shallows. We paddle out around the point...crazy confused water.

We see a bunch of folks out at Brown's bank partying. Let's go out i say...   Sue...we don't know anybody out there and the water is nuts (it looks like a washing machine beyond the bank)  Me...so what...and since when have you been shy?   

So we paddle out.....I head straight for the crazy stuff behind the bank and start getting some of the weirdest rides I've ever had....two right angle turns onto converging waves that had me start out surfing west, then south, then east all in one ride....truly bizarre. I play in the craziness for 15 mins...great workout. I get back to the shrinking sand of the bank and shy Sue is giving free standup lessons to a crowd. She was paddling the 9-8 element...not exactly a board for 1st timers so I started trying to get some of the bigger guys up on my Foote. The whole place was laughing by the time we were done. Very friendly crew out there....of course the beer probably helps.

Then we paddled the 3 miles back but this time on the outside and there were knee highs pretty much the whole way....just kept taking lefts. Finished up by sitting out by the shoals watching the sun set....lovin where I'm livin
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:09:18 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: lovin where I'm livin
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 05:25:46 PM »
Sounds like a great adventure with Sue and an awesome day in your backyard. Looking forward to visiting next Friday for The CCBC preparty.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

piece of 8

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 06:59:32 PM »
I've paddled a lot of that route many times. Life is always better by the ocean and I'm glad you found your happy place! Looking forward to seeing you guys Friday night.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 07:19:31 PM »
See you guys on the 11th.

We call this house our happy place.... ;D

If the weather cooperates I hope to hit Brown's again this weekend.

Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 06:49:46 PM »
Bob thanks again for a great CCBC preparty at your house, love the set up, you and Sue have a little slice of heaven there !! Maybe this winter I'd love to visit and have you teach me some tiki carcing skills and make one for my deck !
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 03:45:03 AM »
Thanks...we really love it.

Anytime my friend. I'll give you the base of one of the trees I'm using to make my board. I'll probably use the bottom 4 or 5 feet from each for tikis.
Bob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal