Author Topic: New 404 14' Go-Go  (Read 12813 times)

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: New 404 14' Go-Go
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2017, 05:30:49 PM »
The V3 is clearly the fastest of the bunch. My experience with last years V3, on a borrowed 12'6", was that it was super fast and as unstable as my Starby 2015 Race.

I borrowed a new 12'6" and finished third in a local 3 miler. Very fast and much more stable in light chop.

My reasons for getting the Go-Go were it surfs the best of the line, and is the most stable. The LTD is not as fast as the V3. I suspect the LTD is better in cross chop, but the Go-Go definitely is better in downwind/downbreezer conditions, and as Danny said, the most stable of the bunch.

I am going to borrow the LTD and will try to get some speed data.

The problem is, of course, my Go-Go is 27" wiiiiide, and the LTD loaners are much narrower.

I suspect the observations of the California guy regarding the speed of the LTD and the Go-Go compared to the other craft mentioned are correct.

But for someone with crappy balance who will fall when confronted with boat wakes, voo doo chop, seaplanes ( really no bs!), I am pleased!

I appreciate the support from the real racers. If I wasn't careful I would have a quiver of raceboards to go with my surf sup armada.

Oh, I only weigh 145 pounds BTW!!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal