Author Topic: Sunova Skate session  (Read 8505 times)

lopezwill

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Sunova Skate session
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 09:00:50 AM »

Great video!  Love the cap mount.  To me it's the most realistic view of sup surfing.

Question? 
About how long does it take for you to edit and complete a typical day of sup surfing video like the one above?

Thank you for the contributions. 

supthecreek

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 06:45:55 PM »
Thanks lopez!

and... ha ha ha! 
The Skate Park vid took over 3 days  ;D ;D ;D
It was so shakey, I had to slow it down to 90% and work on the color, just to make it watchable. Too bad, it was an awesome session!
I may have to invent a Kook Hat Gimble.

Most of the clips had fog or water drops all over the lens.
I bought 2 different lens treatments last week.... 1 failed (Frog Spit) ... and 1 on the way (Worley's Wonder)

Then I made my usual video with all the chit-chat  about the board as I was paddling back out.
That one was over 5 minutes so I let it simmer for a day... something was bugging me about it.
I'm always looking for a new angle on my vids... this one ended up a plain Jane.

I decided to do a short vid with zero pimping just to see how it played.
Note: I always put the brand, model and size so people looking for info get it.

In the end, it didn't feel right to me because I do vids simply to share board information to other big guys and anyone that finds them useful.
Next one will be all pimped out again... after all, I am the Sunova Mascot and Information in chief.

I really wish more people would make videos and share board info.... everybody craves it.

Bottom line... with good raw video, I can knock out a video in a few hours.

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 11:21:34 PM »
Most of the clips had fog or water drops all over the lens.
I bought 2 different lens treatments last week.... 1 failed (Frog Spit) ... and 1 on the way (Worley's Wonder)

Works like a charm if you keep it up between wave - lick and wipe.
Really, low tech but does the job.

supthecreek

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2017, 07:37:02 PM »
Ha ha... just saw this J....
I have had a sore throat from pollen lately and sucking the occasional lozenge's .... really gummed up the lens when I licked it  ;D

Stupid water drops are everywhere all the time.

Great vid of NEsurfSUP today.... drops were slightly noticeable   ;D

Hoping the Worley's Wonder works!

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2017, 05:50:04 AM »
Creek wrote  "I really wish more people would make videos and share board info.... everybody craves it."

Boy, is that an understatement!   ;)  Although only a couple of years in I find I can't get enough of SUP'ers videos - especially board reviews.  Text reviews are okay but when one adds a video it adds another whole dimension of extremely enjoyable and helpful information.  (To me) its not about wave size or perfect glassy conditions.  In fact, I really like vids that contain footage on those smaller, bumpy days with some breeze which are probably more persistent in most places - certainly the east coast.  And, its not always the wave ride.....footage of paddling out as well as paddling into a wave provides key information when combined w/ a knowledge one's general ability, physical characteristics to include age and weight.  All of the above is why I love Creek's vids and just can't get enough of them.

Creek's the master, no doubt.  But I think it'll be super informative, and welcome, to see anyone - especially novices - with a board they've recently acquired to submit a video for all to see. 

8)
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2017, 07:16:10 AM »
I'm going to chime in here.

Concerning videos, Creek's videos gives (me) the most detailed info and I'm into details because I need all the info I can get.

Creek gives his age, physical weight, make and model of his sup he's using, the sup's specs with regards to length, width, thickness of board and liters of volume.

Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

NEsurfSUP

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2017, 07:41:37 AM »
Creek:  That was a great session yesterday.....thanks for the screen grabs.  You are the king of the SUP video review for sure.

See you this weekend.  Hoping for another great session.

Saludos from Chile
One piece "electric" Creek 9'4"
Two piece Sunova Creek 9'4"
CoreVac Cannibal Blade 8'8
Angulo surfa 9'8
Naish Mana 10'
Red Sport 11'
2014 Naish Glide 14'
Werner nitro
Black project three part paddle

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal