Author Topic: Diy e-foil!  (Read 15244 times)

supuk

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Diy e-foil!
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2017, 12:05:51 AM »
Once these little e-propulsion units get sorted they'll go on every new surfboard and Sup and paddling will be obsolete. The lineup will be full of little zippers slamming into one another and careering off into the rocks at full speed.
 Laugh ? Wait and see.

I would think it will take a similar route to e-bikes. There never going to be all that cheap so with the power requirement and battery cost so I don think we need to worry too much

SURFFOILS

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2017, 12:59:49 AM »
With the extra speed from the e-prop I'd be out the back in seconds. I could foil a wave then e-foil out the back in seconds...rinse and repeat. 30 waves in 30 minutes without a break. Very modern use of technology and a complete nightmare for everyone else. >:(  :-[

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2017, 05:37:38 AM »
As a windsurfer I thought "Why would I ever surf?  When I go windsurfing I am planning for 4 hours straight.  Then I am going to replace the wind with my arms and a little crappy wave and ride for 20 seconds.  Why would I EVER DO THAT?"

I haven't windsurfed more than 10 hours in the past 10 years vs 1,000+ hours of SUP, and Surf. 

There is something about the 'free' power of the wave and it's dynamic that keeps me coming back.  When the fun is TOO available it seem to lose its luster.

I have heard a similar perspective from Kite Foilers.  Total fascination with foils and then the stoke fades. 

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2017, 03:45:46 PM »
There is something about the 'free' power of the wave and it's dynamic that keeps me coming back.  When the fun is TOO available it seem to lose its luster.

I have heard a similar perspective from Kite Foilers.  Total fascination with foils and then the stoke fades.

You hit the nail on the head amigo.

For me novelty/challenge/unknown is where the juice is.  Skateparks and ski lifts get old real quick.  I wonder if Kelly Slater is bored of his wave ranch yet?  I find the ever-changing nature of the ocean and new ways to ride waves exhilarating!
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2017, 08:14:58 PM »
Straight up, I'll surf half of what I do now if I can get an hour of run time. Waves are great but why fight the crowd when you can carve glassy water?

I'm an old flatwater guy so for me a carving turn on a lake is pretty awesome.

SURFFOILS

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2017, 09:59:37 PM »
Steam punk an E-foil onto a bike frame and you've got Aquatic NASCAR !

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal