Author Topic: 2017 Northern California paddle splash  (Read 3387 times)

Skate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
2017 Northern California paddle splash
« on: June 05, 2017, 08:09:42 PM »
I all it has been a long time since I have posted on here. Well I am helping put together a 3 day paddle race in Folsom California. This event is going to be huge. The goal is to make this event bigger than the Carolina cup. The event is going to be held at lake natoms. This is a world class body of water. We have one of the worlds top racers coming out to be part of the event. I will let you know later this week. All I can say is he is in the top 20 in the world right now.

https://paddleguru.com/races/PaddleSplash2017

Skate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Northern California paddle splash
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 01:13:59 PM »

Press Release - Nor Cal SUP June 2017

NorCalSUP-logo.png
Slater Trout joins Nor Cal SUP’s PaddleSplash Festival at Lake Natoma
Improve your technique or just splash around with Pro paddler Slater Trout
Granite Bay, CA, June 8, 2017 - Nor Cal SUP is pleased to announce that world renowned SUP paddle boarder, Slater Trout will be joining Nor Cal SUP’s 2017 PaddleSplash Festival (SUP, Kayak, and OC) on July 28-30, 2017 at Lake Natoma, in Folsom, CA. Known for his tremendous feat of earning the “2nd fastest Stand Up Paddler in the World” title at the young age of 14, Slater continues to impress with his recent climb up the SUP Racer Worlds Rankings to the #16 spot due to his spectacular performance in France last month.
“I decided to join PaddleSplash this year because of their commitment to building a GROMs (youth) race program in Northern California.” said Trout. “I started racing at 11, and I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience with all paddlers, especially the kids. They are the future of our sport! I’m also excited to be racing in some flat water on the famous Lake Natoma, I’ve heard great things about it.”
“I couldn’t be more excited to have Slater joining us at PaddleSplash this year,” said Shelly Alves-Churilo, owner of Nor Cal SUP. “His start in racing against adults at such a young age is impressive. That, combined with his friendly personality and positive attitude will serve as great inspiration for the kids. And for the adults, they can test their skills against Slater on the 5 mile race which is now a WPA sanctioned race.”
In addition, Professional sports photographer, Sean Greeley, will be returning to PaddleSplash to document the race with his photos and videos of the event. “I am pleased to see the continued growth of PaddleSplash,” said Greeley. “It is important to me to see SUP growing in my home town. I love the sport and hope my young daughter gains the same appreciation for the sport that I have.”
The #PaddleSplash Festival is open to the public at Nimbus Flat on Lake Natoma. It is a family oriented event with races and SUP education to help parents get to know SUP and to support the Northern California GROMs program (juniors race program).
Registration (http://www.norcalsup.com/races/) is open to all.
###
About Slater Trout
Growing up Slater Trout's life was based around the water. At the age of 11, Slater chose to forge his own path through the young and fresh sport of Stand Up Paddling. By doing so he found himself competing and succeeding against athletes mostly double his age. While traveling for SUP Races / Surf competitions around the world, he developed his passion for photography. As his photography portfolio is growing, he hopes that each of his photos will inspire and invite you to experience the world through his eyes. Whether Slater is competing for a Stand Up Paddling World Title or documenting his life through photography and video, he is always excited for the next journey.
About Nor Cal SUP
Nor Cal SUP is a fitness program based on our 17 years in the outdoor fitness business.  The foundation of Nor Cal SUP is Fun - mixing outdoor activities such as Stand Up Paddle boarding, mountain biking, and trail running with traditional core-strengthening exercises that helps clients, young and old, maintain a positive connection to health and exercise for the rest of their lives. Learn more at www.norcalsup.com.
For IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Contact
Name: Chris Churilo
Mobile: +1 650 804 6269
Email: pr@norcalsup.com
Press Kit: www.norcalsup.com/press

Skate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 09:45:09 PM »
We now have team infinity coming out and racing. Everyone go sign up

Skate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 08:35:50 AM »
Is any one planning on coming to the event?!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal