Author Topic: WTF Laird.  (Read 9190 times)

UKRiverSurfers

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: WTF Laird.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 12:50:34 AM »
Dunno what he said about sunblock but I think the stuff is made of poison and i never ever wear it - no way hozay.

I bet you -  Laird has an SPD.

That would explain why he can feel the energy through his bare feet on the ground! So can I!

You can't debate or argue it because its real - if you dint feel it - then unlucky you!

I can smell when woman are on the rag too :D

If my tiny nose can smell it then guess what folks - perhaps a shark can too??

I can smell you guys as you approach a shoreline in offshore breeze - the smell of aerosol antiperspirants, fragrance, car air freshener, aftershave, the list goes on. In some busy breaks i can taste the poison in the water coming off bodies!

If you get in my pool wearing such poison - i have to replenish the water. I can see it floating on the surface and wafting in the air!

Can't believe that LH is the inly guy on the water who is totally in tune??
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 12:55:31 AM by UKRiverSurfers »
SIC Bullet 17v2 Custom
Richmond Custom Carbon 16'
Starboard Point 14'8
Starboard K15
Starboard Astro Touring 14
Starboad Big Easy
Redpaddle Ride 10'6
Badfish Rivershred
Jackson SUPercharger
Badfish MVP 9'o
Badfish IRS 7'2
Pack OC1 12'

comeu

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 03:16:22 AM »
^
UKrs, of course being in UK you don't need sunblock and you don't sweat.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 02:40:15 PM »
Dunno what he said about sunblock but I think the stuff is made of poison and i never ever wear it - no way hozay.

That would explain why he can feel the energy through his bare feet on the ground! So can I!

You can't debate or argue it because its real - if you dint feel it - then unlucky you!

I can smell you guys as you approach a shoreline in offshore breeze - the smell of aerosol antiperspirants, fragrance, car air freshener, aftershave, the list goes on. In some busy breaks i can taste the poison in the water coming off bodies!

If you get in my pool wearing such poison - i have to replenish the water. I can see it floating on the surface and wafting in the air!

Not sure if troll or not, but I'll bite...for the hell of it. Skin cancer will kill you way before any of the "poisons" in sunscreen. You really have to make sure you understand how your body works and reacts to these poisons in such small doses. What most of the nutty anti-sunscreen people base their un-scientific opinion on is a study where they FED rats sunscreen...which is a fundamentally different way of entering your body.
Apart from that, I think you are saying you have a good sense of smell?

GOTWAVZ

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 02:53:23 PM »
I think they have a cure for this...its called a Tampon...new invention.
HB, CA, Oahu, HI
JK 7'-8' x 28"x 4" = 99L
JK 7'-10" x 41/4" = 106 L
Joe Blair Gun 8-10" x 28 x 4 1/4
198 lbs - 5'-9"

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 05:27:12 PM »
If an asshole like me said that, they would have beaten me to a pulp on the dock with their paddles. My brother gets away with all kinds of shit too. Everyone says "Bob is so nice, when are we going to see him again?" I love that.

Hey!
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 06:03:26 PM »
Yeah? Tell me that's not true.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 01:44:23 PM »
Yeah? Tell me that's not true.

I think they would just think it...the same way they think it with that other guy. :-)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 01:58:58 PM »
I'm the kind of guy who opens a door for women and gets a scowl. I still do it, but I don't expect appreciation.  Strange thing, given that my business for the last 20 years I worked was basically a sorority. Women 2 to 1 over guys, and all the senior management was female except me. Whatever chauvinistic tendencies I might have had were flogged out of me by all those hard charging, irreplaceable, hugely talented women. It's what you wind up with when you hire purely on the basis of talent.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2017, 02:14:15 PM »
My whole career has been in offices surrounded by women.  I always thought they were scary and kept my distance.

My wife worked in my office for the last couple of years before retirement, and she was scariest of all, but a darned hard worker.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2017, 08:47:35 PM »
Laird told me once that all the energy in our bodies comes from our contact with the ground and shoes interfere with that. Thank the Laird.
I agree. So much so that I cut my grass barefoot w/a Fiskars manual machine. The thing is great and it's the total opposite of when I do my lawn accounts w/a power mower. I feel the same holds true w/wetsuits in the ocean. The ocean water is filled w/energy releasing negative ions that are transferred to us. felt sooo good to loose the booties a few days ago...soon I'll be in a spring then trunks. Here in NJ we're suited like 8 mnths out of the year.
And I thank the Laird EVERY day! He's my mooring for doing standup! There are a few others more local to me that I draw inspiration from also.

https://pranaviewaustralia.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/the-power-of-negative-ions-the-ocean-and-bodies-of-water/

This was when I first scored it for $10 at a yrd sale...I quickly realized it was time to ditch the flippies.

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

UKRiverSurfers

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 01:42:39 AM »

Not sure if troll or not, but I'll bite...for the hell of it. Skin cancer will kill you way before any of the "poisons" in sunscreen. You really have to make sure you understand how your body works and reacts to these poisons in such small doses. What most of the nutty anti-sunscreen people base their un-scientific opinion on is a study where they FED rats sunscreen...which is a fundamentally different way of entering your body.
Apart from that, I think you are saying you have a good sense of smell?

Well - I am a bit of an expert on cancer having treated both parents to their death with no help from our NHS.

Cancer runs deep in my gene pool so I really don't care if it gets me tomorrow. On the poisons that people use - the reason I hate them its because they make me feel shit. They take away my feeling of pleasure in the present moment. They make me feel sick and dizzy.

My posts always seem a bit troll like on this forum because simply - they are ignored otherwise. This forum ws never like that a few years back but in the last few years - just seems to be one group of non stop posters - like a bunch of lads together in a clique
SIC Bullet 17v2 Custom
Richmond Custom Carbon 16'
Starboard Point 14'8
Starboard K15
Starboard Astro Touring 14
Starboad Big Easy
Redpaddle Ride 10'6
Badfish Rivershred
Jackson SUPercharger
Badfish MVP 9'o
Badfish IRS 7'2
Pack OC1 12'

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 05:42:22 AM »
I ran into Michael a couple years ago on a rainy day while checking out the shops with my wife in Lahina.  He proposed that leather soles help transfer energy while rubber soles act as insulators.  Really interesting guy.

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 06:20:59 PM »
I always thought that the menstruating thing was true, but I looked it up and found some good articles explaining why it was not.  So I was in Laird's camp for a long time until I actually looked at what experts say.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:36:47 PM by Zooport »
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 06:56:59 PM »
I don't know about the energy transfer, but you certainly max your proprioception with bare feet.  Sandals and booties don't have nerves in them that communicate with your spine, so all that barriers do is allow an approximation of proprioception.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2017, 09:53:02 AM »
I don't know about the energy transfer, but you certainly max your proprioception with bare feet.  Sandals and booties don't have nerves in them that communicate with your spine, so all that barriers do is allow an approximation of proprioception.

That's the biggest reason I go bare foot as often as possible. There's no question my balance gets better when I'm without shoes.

I go nude for a similar reason....whenever my aura gets dim I have to recharge it..... ;)  :o
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
foiled again
Today at 08:00:16 PM
post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]
kliss99
Today at 05:01:39 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill