Stand Up Paddle > Flatwater and Touring

NELO is in for the games with Light Signature Race

(1/216) > >>

SG50SUP:
They have launched their 2 flagship flatwater boards.

Signature race 14 x 23" and 14x 24.75
Stripe V2 and Matchbox paintjob. Real eye candy.

What do you think?

http://www.light-sup.com/light-signature-race.html

PonoBill:
Nice design. Obviously English is not the first language of whoever wrote the website. They'd be wise to hire an editor. Other than that nit, the site says Light, light, light and then only specifies "under 10kg", which is certainly light but not exceptional. I assume the dugout has velocity drainers, otherwise the weight advantage would disappear quickly. Looks like a flatwater contender. I wonder what they are going to think about the market they just entered. Probably a lot smaller and more price sensitive than they expected.

supnorte:
Actually I was talking with Nelo's CEO yesterday at the office (Nelo is really close from our SUP center) and he told me that they were now producing boards for Light Corp. I saw some photos of the board and it lokks really good for flatwater, but I haven't tried it or seen it live.

LaPerouseBay:

--- Quote from: supnorte on May 16, 2017, 09:35:53 AM ---Actually I was talking with Nelo's CEO yesterday at the office (Nelo is really close from our SUP center) and he told me that they were now producing boards for Light Corp. I saw some photos of the board and it lokks really good for flatwater, but I haven't tried it or seen it live.

--- End quote ---

Very cool.  Was that Oscar or Nelo himself?  That company is amazing.  Big factory, amazing technology in those ICF sprint kayaks.  Nelo rules the market.  Spectacular factory in Portugal.  Here's the man himself and his CNC whacking out an 11 meter (36 foot) prototype. 
K4's are faster than the big 6 man rowing sculls.  Amazing boats. 

https://youtu.be/_7WEvQRtPC0?t=2m44s

They did this for an April fool's joke.  Look how tiny these kayaks are.  HM was just asking me about Olympic K-1's.  They are 1000 times more tippy than elite skis.  Olympians in K-1 and sprint canoes (Jim Terrell) are exceptional athletes

LaPerouseBay:

--- Quote from: PonoBill on May 16, 2017, 07:17:40 AM ---/
English is not the first language of whoever wrote the website. They'd be wise to hire an editor.
/

--- End quote ---

I don't think Nelo cares.  They make incredible skis but don't market them in the USA.  Those boards are probably very light and fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version