Author Topic: What apps are you gout using to track your workouts.  (Read 6275 times)

Foilman

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
What apps are you gout using to track your workouts.
« on: April 23, 2017, 11:29:59 AM »
Hey guys. I was wondering what apps you guys are using to track and share your workouts. I've been using sports tracker for years and logged hundreds of workouts but besides me and my friend it seems like there is no one else here using it. I think it's a great motivator to see how fast other people are going. Thanks.

Rob
Starboard Allstar 14' x 25.5"
Starboard Coast Runner 14' x 28"
Bark Competitor 12' 6" x 28"
Fanatic AllWave 8'11"
Blue Planet Surf 10' x 32" inflatable

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: What apps are you gout using to track your workouts.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 11:58:35 AM »
I'm trying to figure out what you were trying to type that spellcheck turned to nonsense. Guys maybe?

I've used a lot of different devices and systems over the years, none with any degree of consistency.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 12:19:21 PM »
I'm not crazy (Beashoish) about my personal tracking. I do occasionally like to know my average speed, distance traveled, stroke rate, and what time it is in case I got to pick-up the kiddos. The waterproof Tomtom 'Multisport' watch has done the job nicely. The swim strokes equate to paddle strokes. The only thing that's pretty much useless is the elevation stat ::)
The app is marginal on my old S4 andriod. Probably sync better to a newer phone. I can read everything in real time right on the watch, or sync it to my computer which works perfect and charges it at the same time. I don't know how many sessions it will store, before you run out of watch memory. I never bring my phone paddling. I never brought one surfing, windsurfing, sailing, etc... I don't feel the need, and frik'n hate it when I see people talking on one in the line-up!

https://www.amazon.com/TomTom-Multi-Sport-Watch-Bright-Green/dp/B00DW2LDL8/ref=sr_1_20?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1492973982&sr=1-20&keywords=tomtom+watch&refinements=p_89%3ATomTom

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:23:20 PM by TallDude »
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Deadbait

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 12:49:31 PM »
Good question.  I'd like to see what's out there as well.

I use the Runkeeper app on my iPhone.  I track my paddle sessions with the "rowing" mode, as it also has cycling, running, walking, etc.  It also keeps distance, speed, times and calories burned for each workout.  I have it paired with a few friends, so I can see their workouts as well.

I just keep my iPhone in a waterproof case in my pocket and off I go.

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 01:25:42 PM »
Have an inexpensive Timex uploaded direct to Strava using Soleus sync.  Had it for years and just keeps on ticking.  Even bought another as a backup spare.  Best for me is that you can punch in lap times on the fly.  That GPS data I always review close as repeatable segments.  Great for intervals as well.  HRM info is ok but kinda know when to push and when to back off now.  GPS segment info is perfect for SUP.  ie. upwind crosswind DW etc.  Always have a waterproof phone on with full battery and listen to tunes.  The miles just fly by.  Any call to 911 and they can locate you via auto GPS.  Safety first.  ;)
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

Foilman

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 03:58:34 PM »
I'm trying to figure out what you were trying to type that spellcheck turned to nonsense. Guys maybe?

I've used a lot of different devices and systems over the years, none with any degree of consistency.
Aw crap! Yes, I meant to type guys. Sorry. Can't figure out how to edit the title.  :(
Starboard Allstar 14' x 25.5"
Starboard Coast Runner 14' x 28"
Bark Competitor 12' 6" x 28"
Fanatic AllWave 8'11"
Blue Planet Surf 10' x 32" inflatable

GlideMarko

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • my wikipedia site
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 10:33:11 PM »
garmin connect app w/ garmin 310XT (+hearth rate strap)

Glowmaster

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 05:19:00 AM »
motionX GPS, iphone in Lifeproof waterproof case, wahoo heart rate monitor links to MotionX.   Waterproof bluetooth speaker for music and the MotionX pace bitch that tells me the ride stats every minute.

works great.

fredi

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 07:10:16 AM »
For my part, I do several outdoor sports: kitesurf, kitefoil, white water SUP, fintness SUP, wave SUP, skitouring, snowkite. I don't track kitesurf and wave SUP, because I don't find it interesting.

For water sports, I use a waterproof Android smartphone (IP67) inside a waterproof bag (IPX8). Issue is that the smartphone alone isn't waterproof, and that the waterproof bag has to be changed regularly because it end up breaking at the folds.

For the recording application, I use Osmand on water and Oruxmaps on land.

For viewing the tracks I developed my own website, because there was nothing for kitesurfing and snowkite. Despite I've initially designed it for kiting, I use this website for other sports as well. I've opened it to everyone, so you can use it if you want: http://regepe.com/. If you find a bug you can send me a message or mail, but since it's free and your data is not sold, don't expect a professional support.

mr_proper

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 07:17:54 AM »
Polar V800 + HR strap + Polar SW
SIC RS 14x23, 2018
SIC RS 14x26, 2018
Lightcorp Signature Race 14x24.75, 2018 (sold)
JP Australia AdventurAir 12x36, 2017
Starboard Allstar 14x24.5, 2017 (sold)
SIC Bullet 14x27.25 TWC, 2015
Jimmy Lewis Sidewinder 14x25, 2016 (sold)
Sprint 14x23, 2015 (sold)
JL Stiletto 14x28, 2014 (sold)

Bulky

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 10:14:52 AM »
MotionX--it's easy and since I always have my phone with me for safety reasons it's convenient.  The only thing I really track is miles--kinda addicted to logging my annual total.  I don't think Motion X or my setup is all that good for intervals, etc. b/c the phone is in a dry bag around my neck under my rashguard so starting and stopping or getting a readout isn't the easiest.
Santa Barbara, CA

SIC RS 14x24.5
Infinity Blackfish 14'
Naish Glide 14' (2012)
SupSports Hammer 8'11
Starboard WidePoint 10'5
Ke Nalu Mana, Konihi, Maliko

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 11:59:56 AM »
The waterproof bag has to be changed regularly because it end up breaking at the folds.

The waterproof bags with magnetic closure work amazingly well and last forever. Mine is more than three years old with almost daily use. the plastic is turning yellow with age and UV exposure, but it still is watertight and shows no signs of failing. I assumed they wouldn't work and they would instantly demag my credit card. Over time the CC has become harder to read, but still works--same card, three years. Lifetime guarantee on the bag.
https://gobagpro.com/collections/gobag/products/gobag-minnow
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

nj_sup

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 07:24:57 PM »
I have a Suunto Ambit 3 watch I use paired with Movescount which is the Suunto app. They a have a sport mode for SUP which I use for distance, training etc.. Does HR, distance, peak training effect, VO2 and bunch of other fitness parameters, gps map of route etc..  They also have a windsurf/surf mode that I use with SUS just to track sessions. I'm very happy with it because I also use it track runs and other workouts and it works well.

For the guys who take their phone surfing where do you put it??
I always take my phone in water proof case with distance and training paddling but never in the surf.  If you tuck it under your wetsuit, how so in a 4:3 with a hoodie? How would you access it if needed?  Do you put in a waist type belt bag? How do you ensure the belt bag doesn't come off in the surf?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mike
Fanatic 9'5" Allwave
Fanatic 9'10" Allwave
Fanatic 12' Ray Wood Edition
KeNalu Ho'oloa 95 paddle

FloridaWindSUP

• Sunset Status
  • Marine Biologist, Riviera Paddlesurf Ambassador
    • View Profile
    • James' Blog
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 08:20:05 PM »
I use Strava to track my sup race training and races. The Strava app is smart enough to know when my Speedcoach SUP 2 GPS is reporting intervals. It also makes is pretty easy to do things I need to do, like crop the beginning and ends of my race tracks where I start the GPS early and turn it off late. Some of the other guys I train with also post their tracks on Strava, so we comment on each others' little victories and stuff.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/10232274
14x23 Riviera RP
14x27.25 Fanatic Falcon
11'8 Exocet WindSUP
10'4 Angulo WindSUP
...and a bunch of windsurf stuff

viatormundi

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 05:05:46 AM »
What app would you recommend for a live tracking function. While we are doing downwind sessions we want the app in iPhone to update the website/server so other people can track is real time.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill
April 23, 2024, 07:55:28 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 07:26:43 PM
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 07:16:46 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 06:56:28 PM
post Need a new Impact Vest
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 06:36:51 PM
post Re: Ocean Rodeo Glide-Allula
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 06:06:50 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 04:22:52 PM
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 03:07:49 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 02:59:32 PM
Dwight (DW)
April 23, 2024, 02:41:07 PM
post Re: Erik Antonson interview with Stacy Peralta
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:34:42 PM
post Fanatic 8.3 Allwave
[Classifieds]
firesurf
April 23, 2024, 01:28:40 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 01:24:35 PM
post Re: At what age did you, or do you plan to retire?
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:24:13 PM
post Re: Jimmy Lewis Super Frank
[Classifieds]
firesurf
April 23, 2024, 01:17:06 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal