Author Topic: new toys ( jimmy lewis searcher)  (Read 3369 times)

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
new toys ( jimmy lewis searcher)
« on: April 07, 2017, 06:39:04 AM »
Jimmy Lewis Searcher :  12’6”  by   33.5”  by   6.5”  and   363L  Bought a demo over the past summer

The Jimmy Lewis searcher.  My new fishing board. My Cayo had an unfortunate non water related accident and will probably be replaced eventually.  This popped up and I had to have it.  This is the board EVERY RECREATIONAL  paddler should have in my opinion. Seriously.  This thing is so stable and paddles very well.  I sight fish in shallow Florida water and this thing is great.  From a fishing perspective,  comparing to my Cayo. The Cayo was super quiet and if it was a 10, the searcher is an 8.  Not as quiet when stalking fish, because of the rounder nose and shallow V in the nose too.   It will chatter a little in the small wind ripples at certain angles but it is still very quiet. I talked with Marlon at surf expo about it but  I doubt they will make any changes to it. Advantage over the Cayo is that it is 20lbs lighter so easier to move around. It comes in at 31lbs with my fin and its deck pad.  It has a nice deep ledge handle that makes it easy to carry too.  Both boards have loads of tie die points so no big deal there.

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: new toys ( jimmy lewis searcher)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 10:51:16 AM »
I bet you could stalk a few bonefish with that board. When you do fish from it, write a review of your experience fishing from it.

BTW, nice looking used board.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 12:15:20 AM »
I have been lazy about writing my fishing reports lately.  I need a trip to the keys.  I have fished off of it several times and it fishes great.  I mentioned its quietness because that is what matters most to me in terms of stalking fish.  I am further north in Florida I am stalking more redfish, trout and snook.

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 01:02:29 AM »
Hell yeah. Amazing board and I LOVE mine. I can get close enough to carp to touch with my paddle before they spook but I don't think they are as aware or near as spooky as bonefish or the others ya'll stalk on the flats. Still amazed at how light it is for such a big beast as well. I love this thing in chop as it doesn't get pushed around like my other displacement nose board and still cuts through sweetly. I can not recommend it enough to anyone wanting a big board for expeditions or fishing. It proved it's durability very soon out of the gate as well as over a couple seasons as well.

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 01:22:58 AM »
yeah Luca, it does paddle very well in chop.  I did a fishing tournament a few weeks ago on it and so of course the wind had to be howling 15-20.  There was some little chop and the board cuts through it very nicely.  Along with the width being very stable and not having worry about applying power.  You can dig as hard as you want and have the stability there and not worry about getting thrown.  It moves through the chop pretty good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal