Author Topic: new toys ( ke nalu Mana) my surf paddle  (Read 2589 times)

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
new toys ( ke nalu Mana) my surf paddle
« on: April 07, 2017, 06:33:16 AM »

The new Ke Nalu paddle there with the Mana blade is brand new. Thank you Jim K.

I also got myself a new Ke Nalu paddle with the Mana blade in the 90 size.  I had a used quickblade that broke I had broken once and shortened to about 2-3 inches over my head.  I bought a new grip for it and put it in using the glue I use on my Ke Nalu’s in case I wanted to shorten it again.  Before I had the chance to, I broke the shaft  in a non-paddle related incident.  So I needed a new blade and figured I would bite the bullet of the Ke Nalu in order to have the flexibility and save me money later. The new Mana blade seemed like the one to get.  Now my surf paddle is only head high, I still may go an inch or 2 shorter.  What a difference going to the shorter paddle made.  Keeps your body more centered and prevents you from being too tall on the board.  Definitely like the much shorter paddle for surfing.   The blade seems good.  I have no idea how big my quickblade was so since I never figured out their labeling system.  I can get good cadence with the Mana and still feel some pull.  I was getting into a lot of mushy waves on short boards so I guess it is working good.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: new toys ( ke nalu Mana) my surf paddle
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 07:18:49 AM »
Make sure you push the blade fully underwater. If you hear a slurp when you pull you aren't getting there. Huge difference in pull.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 10:43:20 AM »
I've been looking getting another paddle and the Ke Nalu is one of my two choices (so far in an adjustable length). Thanks for the photo of it.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 12:11:04 AM »
thanks for the tip Pono.  I am getting the blade fully submerged. Have not heard any slurp.  It has some good pull.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal