Author Topic: new toys (coreban 8'0" platinum plus)  (Read 2282 times)

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
new toys (coreban 8'0" platinum plus)
« on: April 07, 2017, 06:27:18 AM »
Ok so I picked up a few new toys recently.  I basically buy most stuff used or on sale along with a change in jobs.  So let’s get to the list of new fun stuff.

Coreban 8’0” Platinum Plus :   8’0” by 31” by  4. 4/5” (that is what it says)  122L.  Bought a demo  last month.

So now to ride reports: 

Rider dimensions: 5’10” 190-195, athletic

Coreban 8’0” Platinum Plus.  Again, demoed this board this past fall.  Had it out on a day where the waves were about waist high, maybe a little bigger but kinda on the mushy side.  Semi glassy swell condition.   The board was a little shaky at first for me.  Fell off a few times while getting used to it and trying to find the sweet spot for standing on it. The sweet spot seems to be a little further forward than you would expect.   After about 30 minutes I was grabbing waves as I could.  Cutbacks were not all that glamorous in the mushy conditions but it could turn and it has potential for when I can get this thing into some juicier waves. I was riding it as a quad with the stock coreban futures set. Deep ledge handle makes it easy carry around.  This one weighed in at about 14.4lbs with the wax that is on it and a quad set of fins installed in.  I am planning to put a wax matt set on this to see how it goes. I have been reading some good thing about that stuff.

rocker

bottom

middle bottom

fins bottom

ledge handle

measurements

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: new toys (coreban 8'0" platinum plus)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 11:03:54 AM »
Seeing all of yoiur new boards, it has made my post PT day a lot easier to take.  ;)

Thanks for all of your posts and reviews for each board (and paddle).
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal