Author Topic: new toys ( coreban 9'0" Cali )  (Read 1557 times)

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
new toys ( coreban 9'0" Cali )
« on: April 10, 2017, 01:19:02 AM »
Ok so I picked up a few new toys recently.  I basically buy most stuff used or on sale along with a change in jobs.  So let’s get to the list of new fun stuff.

Coreban 9’0” Cali:   9’0”  by  29.5”  by   4.25”  by    138L.  Bought  a demo last month.

The Coreban 9’0” Cali.  This is a fun board.  I demoed this board in the fall.  I had it in just some Florida wind chop  beach break in the waist high range.   I rode it as a tri fin and had an absolute blast on it.  I can turn the board very easily. You can just carve up and down cruising the face or if you wanna dig a little harder to make the turn a little snappier, this board will allow you to some extent.  I have heard the newer models are a little lighter which might make these a little more performance oriented.  I can also walk up to the nose on it. The waves only let me do this very quickly the day I rode it, and I face planted on a few them while trying.  Easy and stable enough for a beginner to ride, imo.  Had no problem catching waves with it.  This board should catch just about anything .  Coreban put nice deep ledge handles into their boards.  Makes it real easy to carry around.   Mine weighed in at 21lbs with the deck pad and 2 sides fins.  Durability wise you can see on the rails there are some paint chips.  It seems pretty durable where the paint will chip but no have no other damage, kinda like the JP's.

rocker

looking from tail

bottom looking from tail

looking from nose bottom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal