Author Topic: portable showers for my SUP  (Read 37530 times)

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: portable showers for my SUP
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 09:30:08 AM »
I've used a RiseKit for a while now and had made my own adapter for my kitchen sink to be able to fill it with Hot water in the winter, it's been great, never any issues and I have always managed to rinse off fully and still have water left to share or rise of my board and wetsuit/booties/gloves.

I'll likely pick up another one for the extra water for when we have the nasty red tide (Newport, RI).

Comes in handy for many other things (camping, watering inside plants, etc)
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

Bulky

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2017, 11:00:25 AM »
I plumbed a hose bib off the hotwater supply to my laundry sink and put the Rinsekit adapter on there so I've got a dedicated hot water feed.

I have thought often about the tank under my roof racks, but then there'd be challenges of filling it (need to uncoil the hose--hot water even harder), making sure the truck isn't sloped the wrong way and then everything I'd want to rinse would have to be close to the truck.  A little mobility is necessary.  Another pretty cool solution, but not without it's own inconveniences.

Got the rinsekit rigged but if it ever breaks, I'm pretty sure I'll just go back to the 5gal jug.  Easy to fill and mobile.
Santa Barbara, CA

SIC RS 14x24.5
Infinity Blackfish 14'
Naish Glide 14' (2012)
SupSports Hammer 8'11
Starboard WidePoint 10'5
Ke Nalu Mana, Konihi, Maliko

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2017, 01:40:59 PM »
I think I found the answer. You provide the tractor.... :)

In my search for a joking exaggerated solution I found these which actually look pretty good....12v powered with a pump and heater....up to 13 gals...http://bigkahunashowers.com/
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

JP4

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2017, 03:41:52 PM »

In my search for a joking exaggerated solution I found these which actually look pretty good....12v powered with a pump and heater....up to 13 gals...http://bigkahunashowers.com/

Ok, that BigKahuna looks like the ticket. When mine breaks I think that's what I'll get. The 8 gallon size should last a whole weekend at the beach. The components look more durable than the unit I have.

Gets pretty good reviews on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Big-Kahuna-Portable-Shower/dp/B00KK2F84G?th=1&psc=1

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:49:32 PM by JP4 »

Larry2c

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2017, 04:01:12 PM »
Pono, you made me laugh - Shrinkageville! I guess if I was wanting the sprayer to wash me down, I'd be worried about that issue but I just want to hose down the board before putting it on my rack. Keeps the salt from crusting up on the board or maybe worse, dripping into the truck. Crusty skin doesn't bother me that much and a nice shower when I get  home is better than a teaser at the beach.

viatormundi

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2017, 03:20:51 PM »
I have a Rinsekit and am happy with it. Can recommend it.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2017, 10:51:27 AM »
I'm gonna try this. With an insulated cooler full of hot water this could be da kine.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ivation-Battery-Powered-Handheld-Portable-Shower-in-Orange-IVAPSH01/206867760

five star reviews on the HD site. Only three reviews, but positive reviews are rare on the Home Depot site.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 10:54:22 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2017, 12:12:56 PM »
I found this "portable pressure washer" on Amazon that works well, and I like that I don't need a pressurized hose bib to fill it from.

Unscrew the cap, fill with whatever temp water you like, and off you go.  At the beach, plug it into your cigarette lighter, and shower away.  For the extended days, sessions, friends on the beach, I bring an extra 5 gal. jug of water to refill when empty, and away we go....showers for everyone!  Best $100 I spent...no with the water/showers shutoff statewide for the most part.  >:(
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2017, 04:57:46 AM »
PB:  That thing looks sweet!  Totally love the fact that its 4-plus gals.

All:  What am I missing on the "hot water bib" for the Rinsekit?  $15 bucks for the hot water attachment sold separately....WTH?  How is filling it with hot water any different than it would be for cold water.....I definitely missing something - edu-macate me here.   :o 
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

Rideordie

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2017, 06:58:25 AM »
I think the original fitting is for an outdoor spigot. An adapter is required to attach to an indoor fawcet, which would have hot water available. Well worth $15.
2021 SIC RS 14 x 24.5
Naish Glide 14 (v2)
SIC X-14 SCC  
KeNalu Konihi 95 xTuf(s)
KeNalu Mana 90 100 Flex

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2017, 08:25:52 AM »
PB:  That thing looks sweet!  Totally love the fact that its 4-plus gals.

All:  What am I missing on the "hot water bib" for the Rinsekit?  $15 bucks for the hot water attachment sold separately....WTH?  How is filling it with hot water any different than it would be for cold water.....I definitely missing something - edu-macate me here.   :o

It's actually an indoor faucet adapter that screws in place of the aeration screen. Assuming your faucet has one. Fifteen bucks is a little steep, but worth it for hot water if you already have a rinse kit. I do, and I ordered one. I didn't order the refill kit--40 bucks for a water bag and bicycle pump adapter. I don't need the bag, they won't sell the pump adapter separately. A bit aggressive on making bucks from add-ons. I already ordered the home depot shower. I like the simplicity and versatility of that design. And I can use any size container. I have a good cooler that I cobbled up a clamp to lock it in place in my pickup bed. I can fill it with hot water from a hose tap in my shop--I have hot water/cold water tap system in my shop. Great for washing cars. If I get the floor cleared enough I can wash my truck inside--the floor has copious drain channels. If I'm in a hotel I can dump buckets of hot water into the cooler. I'm McLovin' this.

I generally stand in a big plastic storage container to peel my suit, rinsing as I go. I gave up on the RinseKit and used a big Sparkletts bottle in SoCal.  The container winds up partly full of fresh water and my suit, which helps rinse that. Then I pull the suit out and pour the water over my board to get the salt off that before I stick it on the rack. I use whatever's left in the bottle to rinse off the board and truck while the board is on the rack. I don't want my truck to rust prematurely.

But I digress. I think this electric pump might be a much better solution to the somewhat wimpy RinseKit.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2017, 10:43:18 AM »
This one is instant hot and can use any size tank. Gets you 60 gallons per battery set and propane tank.

http://zodi.com/hot-showers/hot-tap-with-cases

My wife's aunt is some kind of travelling gypsy/hippie and she told us this was the tits.

It heats water just like your regular on-demand water heater, and pumps from any source. She routinely sets this up hanging over a creek somehow. Has a 12 volt adapter.
Make paddleboarding great again!

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2017, 12:27:54 PM »
Pretty slick. Your link was a little busted (extra S at the end):
http://zodi.com/hot-showers/hot-tap-with-case

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2017, 06:31:12 PM »
I'm just gonna pitch in that you guys are working your ways from simple to complex and are about to lap yourselves back to seeing why I built the one I did.

Big enough, but not too big.

Easy to fill in any sink with hot water.

Pressure and capacity/remaining water are unrelated.

My shoulders have had enough at the end of a session. Who needs to hold a few gallons of water over their head?

I could bring myself to add a battery pack as my car is always right there and I didn't need another thing to forget to charge.

I should make a kit... so I could capture that giant Middle aged SUP guy market.

jrandy

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2017, 08:46:21 PM »
https://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php/topic,26207.msg268826.html#msg268826
I like it Cowboy. I might try it with a 12v pump instead since I have one on the shelf.
http://pushheretosavealife.com/
Be safe, have fun. -J

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal