Author Topic: Naish Mana 8'10?  (Read 2590 times)

baldbull

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Naish Mana 8'10?
« on: April 16, 2017, 06:00:29 AM »
Anyone have any experience with these? I am 6'0/175 pounds and am considering this board. I am looking for a board for surfing that will work in small/medium (weak knee-stomach or chest) sized US east coast waves and my local shop carries the naish brand. They also have a 9'5 but I thought it might be a little big. I am an experienced surfer but relatively new to SUP...well not that new I have been surfing SUPs for 3 yrs now but I still consider myself a beginner at it. I want to cruise on the waves, turn a bit, and really just have fun when the surf isn't big enough for my shortboards.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Naish Mana 8'10?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 08:16:33 PM »

You'll do good on this board. My wife has it, and I have had it out in up to double overhead. The board works well. You'll be able to pick up anklesnappers on it. Once the waves are hip high it turns really well.

baldbull

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 09:12:58 AM »
Thanks, I ended up buying it last night. I took it out this morning in some knee-thigh high junk and had a blast. Very stable and easy to catch waves. Here's to my new summer board 8)

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 11:12:23 AM »

Nice. I think you'll be surprised at how well it performs in bigger surf as well/ Just take a steep drop straight down...those you have to take the same way you take it with a longboard...at an angle, but it is pretty easy to turn even at speed.

Roundhouse

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 08:53:59 AM »
Love my 10' x 33" Mana on just about all Florida waves. It has to be overhead and hard to get out on a SUP before I break out my short board shape. Incredibly stable on choppy days.
Naish Nalu, Mana, Glide & Cannibal Assassin

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 02:30:38 AM »

Nice. I think you'll be surprised at how well it performs in bigger surf as well/ Just take a steep drop straight down...those you have to take the same way you take it with a longboard...at an angle, but it is pretty easy to turn even at speed.

Ok I meant: Just take DON'T a steep drop straight down, but man that board handles good sized surf.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal